SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Competition, Training and Regional Shoots    IDPA-itis. Symptoms - Whatcha got?
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
IDPA-itis. Symptoms - Whatcha got? Login/Join 
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
quote:
Originally posted by tha1000:
The cure for idpa-itis is a good dose of uspsa.


Oh, a run and gun guy checks in!


Both are fun. All in all, USPSA is probably more fun, but I do hate those ridiculous 20 target/25 no-shoots/six shooting window memory test scenarios some USPSA guys design.

Sometimes a two target, six shot, three second scenario is a lot of fun. You'll never get one of those in USPSA.


Agreed. You need to be a Mensa member to shoot some stages successfully. I particularly hate the stages they build with 180 traps in them.

It is fun to run and gun, but I don't want to have to prove the Pythagorean Theory to shoot a stage.

RMD




Some men are morally opposed to violence; they are protected by men who are not.
 
Posts: 18325 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Report This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:
To me, one might as well be open carrying with no vest, to the extent that the multi-pocket "tactical" vests spell GUN!!
 


I don't think this is true. Only pretty dedicated gun people think pocket-laden vests are gun vests. To most people, they spell "dorky old white guy."

Which I don't want to be, so I only wear my IDPA vest for IDPA.

But most people won't think it is hiding a gun.



Most people don't have the first damn clue that a fishing vest may hide a gun.


Most people are staring at their phone.
 
Posts: 12686 | Location: The Edge of the Ozarks | Registered: December 04, 2003Report This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
quote:
Originally posted by tha1000:
The cure for idpa-itis is a good dose of uspsa.


Oh, a run and gun guy checks in!


Both are fun. All in all, USPSA is probably more fun, but I do hate those ridiculous 20 target/25 no-shoots/six shooting window memory test scenarios some USPSA guys design.

Sometimes a two target, six shot, three second scenario is a lot of fun. You'll never get one of those in USPSA.



USPSA matches in my area have too high of a round count. Too many alleged holsters and race guns for me to really get into it. Plus, between shooters, air gunners vastly outnumber target pasters, which makes the match drag on for an unnecessary amount of time.
As the number of shooters keeps increasing in our IDPA matches, our match organizer designs stages with low round count, but requiring everyone to have at least one reload.


__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver


NRA Life Member

 
Posts: 6090 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Report This Post
Member
Picture of JonDaddy82
posted Hide Post
I do find myself pieing corners from time to time. I do snap to attention when in line at the fast food joint when the fry alarm or microwave goes off!


IDPA ESP SS
 
Posts: 604 | Location: Spring Hill, TN | Registered: January 03, 2007Report This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JonDaddy82:
I do find myself pieing corners from time to time. I do snap to attention when in line at the fast food joint when the fry alarm or microwave goes off!



Smile

RMD




Some men are morally opposed to violence; they are protected by men who are not.
 
Posts: 18325 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Report This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd D. Barber:
Too many alleged holsters and race guns for me to really get into it.


But you're not shooting against them, so what does it matter to you?

Even if I AM shooting against them, it doesn't matter to me.


_____________________________________________________
Sliced bread, the greatest thing since the 1911.

 
Posts: 14432 | Location: A little box of pine on the 7:29 | Registered: May 17, 2003Report This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
I've noticed myself engaging the safety every time I load my pistols when I'm at the range. Every individual magazine.


__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver


NRA Life Member

 
Posts: 6090 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Report This Post
Member
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
I dropped my pistol on the carpet the other day.

I DQ'd myself and pasted previously-shot targets for the rest of the morning.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RichardC,


_____________________

 
Posts: 8496 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Report This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I shoot a lot of IDPA, some IPSC, some USPSA, some derived outlaw and the main symptom I find is the sudden realization how sloppy the gunhandling of non-competitors gets. Scary, sometimes.
 
Posts: 2571 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
I dropped my pistol on the carpet the other day.

I DQ'd myself and pasted previously-shot targets for the rest of the morning.


Big Grin



Jesse

A couple SIGs and a few others
 
Posts: 9456 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
Member
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Every time the microwave beeps I grab a handful of empty air where my CZ should have been.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can do it your own way, if it's done just how I say."
 
Posts: 6337 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 04, 2009Report This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
Every time the microwave beeps I grab a handful of empty air where my CZ should have been.


During the Christmas break my sons and I were in the kitchen as my wife was heating up something in the microwave, and when it counted down to about 3 seconds I shouted "shooter ready, standby..."

The boys and I were laughing like crazy and my wife uttered, "I'm surrounded by idiots."
 
Posts: 2856 | Registered: December 28, 2008Report This Post
Member
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GCE61:
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
Every time the microwave beeps I grab a handful of empty air where my CZ should have been.


During the Christmas break my sons and I were in the kitchen as my wife was heating up something in the microwave, and when it counted down to about 3 seconds I shouted "shooter ready, standby..."

The boys and I were laughing like crazy and my wife uttered, "I'm surrounded by idiots."


Smile


_____________________

 
Posts: 8496 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Report This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Every time I walk by my Dillon press I stop and load another 100 rounds. Put the cartridges in boxes then place them on a shelf along with the other 5,000 rds waiting for spring.

Take Care

Bob


Bob "There is nothing more exhilerating than being shot at without result", Sir Winston Churchill
 
Posts: 26 | Location: Terrace, B.C. Canada | Registered: April 23, 2004Report This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2  

Closed Topic Closed

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Competition, Training and Regional Shoots    IDPA-itis. Symptoms - Whatcha got?

© SIGforum 2017