SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Competition, Training and Regional Shoots    IDPA-itis. Symptoms - Whatcha got?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

IDPA-itis. Symptoms - Whatcha got? Login/Join 
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
quote:
Originally posted by tha1000:
The cure for idpa-itis is a good dose of uspsa.

Oh, a run and gun guy checks in!

Both are fun. All in all, USPSA is probably more fun, but I do hate those ridiculous 20 target/25 no-shoots/six shooting window memory test scenarios some USPSA guys design.

Sometimes a two target, six shot, three second scenario is a lot of fun. You'll never get one of those in USPSA.

Agreed. You need to be a Mensa member to shoot some stages successfully. I particularly hate the stages they build with 180 traps in them.

It is fun to run and gun, but I don't want to have to prove the Pythagorean Theory to shoot a stage.

RMD

Some men are morally opposed to violence; they are protected by men who are not.

Posts: 17544 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:
To me, one might as well be open carrying with no vest, to the extent that the multi-pocket "tactical" vests spell GUN!!

I don't think this is true. Only pretty dedicated gun people think pocket-laden vests are gun vests. To most people, they spell "dorky old white guy."

Which I don't want to be, so I only wear my IDPA vest for IDPA.

But most people won't think it is hiding a gun.

Most people don't have the first damn clue that a fishing vest may hide a gun.

Most people are staring at their phone.

Posts: 12367 | Location: The Edge of the Ozarks | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
quote:
Originally posted by tha1000:
The cure for idpa-itis is a good dose of uspsa.

Oh, a run and gun guy checks in!

Both are fun. All in all, USPSA is probably more fun, but I do hate those ridiculous 20 target/25 no-shoots/six shooting window memory test scenarios some USPSA guys design.

Sometimes a two target, six shot, three second scenario is a lot of fun. You'll never get one of those in USPSA.

USPSA matches in my area have too high of a round count. Too many alleged holsters and race guns for me to really get into it. Plus, between shooters, air gunners vastly outnumber target pasters, which makes the match drag on for an unnecessary amount of time.
As the number of shooters keeps increasing in our IDPA matches, our match organizer designs stages with low round count, but requiring everyone to have at least one reload.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 4817 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JonDaddy82
posted Hide Post
I do find myself pieing corners from time to time. I do snap to attention when in line at the fast food joint when the fry alarm or microwave goes off!

IDPA ESP SS

Posts: 561 | Location: Spring Hill, TN | Registered: January 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JonDaddy82:
I do find myself pieing corners from time to time. I do snap to attention when in line at the fast food joint when the fry alarm or microwave goes off!

Smile

RMD

Some men are morally opposed to violence; they are protected by men who are not.

Posts: 17544 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd D. Barber:
Too many alleged holsters and race guns for me to really get into it.

But you're not shooting against them, so what does it matter to you?

Even if I AM shooting against them, it doesn't matter to me.

Posts: 13807 | Location: A little box of pine on the 7:29 | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
I've noticed myself engaging the safety every time I load my pistols when I'm at the range. Every individual magazine.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 4817 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
I dropped my pistol on the carpet the other day.

I DQ'd myself and pasted previously-shot targets for the rest of the morning.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RichardC,

Posts: 7832 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I shoot a lot of IDPA, some IPSC, some USPSA, some derived outlaw and the main symptom I find is the sudden realization how sloppy the gunhandling of non-competitors gets. Scary, sometimes.

Posts: 2493 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
I dropped my pistol on the carpet the other day.

I DQ'd myself and pasted previously-shot targets for the rest of the morning.

Big Grin

Jesse

A couple SIGs and a few others

Posts: 7213 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Every time the microwave beeps I grab a handful of empty air where my CZ should have been.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can do it your own way, if it's done just how I say."

Posts: 6071 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post