SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Competition, Training and Regional Shoots    P229 and competition
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P229 and competition Login/Join 
posted
Hi Folks,
I just picked up the P229 Enhanced Elite, CA version. I was hoping to try out some form of competition with it. Does anyone know which classes of competition this gun qualifies for?
Thank you

Posts: 5 | Registered: July 08, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Go to an IDPA match
And have some fun

RC

Posts: 1938 | Location: Indiana | Registered: March 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
^^^
This.

Posts: 12536 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dgrdvm
posted Hide Post
Yep.

I shoot my 229 Legion in IDPA all the time

"Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are stupider than that'
George Carlin

Posts: 504 | Location: St Louis | Registered: June 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
Would also be useable in uspsa production

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Agree, it will serve you well in IDPA Stock Service Pistol and USPSA Production.
It would serve for Steel Challenge and ASI, too.

For IDPA you need three magazines; one to load with and two reloads on your person. Another one to "Barney" to get a round in the chamber to start with less manipulation is convenient.
ASI probably the same.

USPSA stages are longer, you will need more magazines.
Steel Challenge is based on five strings per stage, you should have five magazines.

Posts: 3278 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post