SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Competition, Training and Regional Shoots    Sig's New Academy Indoor Range

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Sig's New Academy Indoor Range Login/Join 
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
Picture of rscalzo
posted
It's a fantastic setup. The ventilation system is state of the art (although a bit noisy). The heating system is all geothermal and costs significantly less than their older and much smaller indoor range.

50 years plus a significant area to the rear with a lot of storage areas to the props needed during the classes.

The one downside is no bathrooms but the old range is a short walk. For some reason, the town wouldn't permit it. Guessing due to the need of a septic and the location.

They dropped a boatload of money on this facility. I wouldn't want to be the one who puts the first bullet hole into the ceiling.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 4188 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Report This Post
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
Wow, that is gorgeous.

Clarior Hinc Honos

"I'm their leader...which way did they go?"

Posts: 1400 | Location: Getting ready to be leader of the Pack | Registered: November 19, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The folks at the Sig Academy continue to impress us. Looks great.

The Once and Future SIG Shooter
Picture of Mike S
posted Hide Post
That place is yuge!

Posts: 4320 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: December 08, 1999Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The new 50 yard indoor rifle / pistol range is operating but it's definitely not completely built out yet. There aren't any moving targets, no steel targets, no painted yard markers on the floor (but they do have yard markers on the walls), no classrooms, and oddly enough no restrooms (but there is a port-a-potty outside). And the Fans are very loud which makes it difficult to hear the instructor but they're working on acquiring a portable sound system for instructors. You can tell that once Sig finishes building this range out that it's going to be a phenomenal facility. Given how much money Sig is investing in the Sig Academy I'd say by summer this range will be just about perfect. I attended a one day pistol course on the range and enjoyed being able to use the new range despite it not being quite finished yet. Kudos to Sig for expanding their excellent Sig Academy. Every tine I show up for a class there I notice major improvements. The Sig Academy is definitely the go to destination for training in the Northeastern US.

posted Hide Post
State of the art facility and extremely professional staff, what else could you ask for. Adam Painchaud has done incredible work there!

DPR

When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
Picture of rscalzo
posted Hide Post
quote:
and oddly enough no restrooms

The town denied them a permit for one in the building.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 4188 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Ha, so that's why there are no bathrooms! Well it's only a short walk up the hill to the other indoor range to use the bathroom.

And the new indoor rifle range allows lead ammo which is a plus. It also has state of the art lighting.

There's a new building that went up where all of the instructors are housed under one roof. SIG is definitely building up the academy. I think a few more indoor ranges would be a good idea considering the winter weather in NH. It was - 20 degrees below zero the weekend I fired inside the new rifle range so I can vouch that the heat works.