SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Competition, Training and Regional Shoots    New video on holstering the pistol and putting your thumb on the back of the slide
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New video on holstering the pistol and putting your thumb on the back of the slide Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
does this information make this deely bob just a silly gadget?
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935/m/2870062424/p/1

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54602 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steve in PA
posted Hide Post
Been doing this for my 18+ years in LE.

My primary duty carry is a Sig P220, so I'm always putting my thumb on the hammer when reholstering.

Even when training and shooting with non-DA/SA pistols, like my GLock 19 or 26, I still put my thumb on the back of the slide.

As demonstrated in the video, if your thumb in pressed against the hammer or back of the slide, nothing bad will happen.

This is the same thing taught about being able to grab onto an adversaries pistol in a defensive maneuver. Yes, they may be able to fire that first shot, but if you are grasping the slide, is won't cycle or blow your hand off. Hopefully you avoid that first round and take care of the situation.

Steve
"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Posts: 3437 | Location: Northeast PA | Registered: June 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Thank you.

Posts: 12459 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
Forgive me, but in my case, no.

I've already had to undergo surgery to make my dominant hand thumb work after my 60 mph into a stopped car motorcycle accident. The accident broke the connective tissue in my thumb and left it mostly useless.

I'm not going there again.

I'll figure out an alternative way to do this.

Proof that there are exceptions to all rules for certain circumstances...Being a thumb-abled person myself, I'll modify my holstering technique to include it.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post