SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Competition, Training and Regional Shoots    2017 IDPA rule book

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
2017 IDPA rule book Login/Join 
posted
http://www.idpa.com/misc/Rulebook%202017.pdf

The new classifier looks easier.
One second per-point down, meh.

Posts: 199 | Location: TN | Registered: April 01, 2004Report This Post
The Persian
Picture of PPGMD
posted Hide Post
10 round PCC LOL, Joyce had to create a division for the new Wilson Combat PCC. But heaven forbid they allow a realistic magazine capacity for the division.

-------
A turbo: Exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens, and you go faster.

Mr. Doom and Gloom
"King in the north!"
"Slow is smooth... and also slow.

The opinions posted by this user are his own. And do not represent the opinions of his employer or sponsors.

Posts: 20015 | Location: At the wall | Registered: February 13, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah I know because a carbine is really concealable for everyday carry

Edit for voice to text mess up

The Persian
Picture of PPGMD
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zymurgst:
Yeah I know because a carbine is really concealable for everyday carry

Edit for voice to text mess up

No, but carbines in general are fantastic home defense weapons.

-------
A turbo: Exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens, and you go faster.

Mr. Doom and Gloom
"King in the north!"
"Slow is smooth... and also slow.

The opinions posted by this user are his own. And do not represent the opinions of his employer or sponsors.

Posts: 20015 | Location: At the wall | Registered: February 13, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Completely agree, but I seem to recall in the founding principles something about concealed carry.

Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:

I picked up one other change on a quick skim of the new rules. If you run the gun empty while shooting in the open, you can now reload in the open and continue engaging targets, rather than having to move to cover to engage any more. The classifier definitely looks easier for the club to stage, and get done with. Knocking 18 rounds off of it for every shooter will speed things up.

Posts: 6132 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Report This Post
Picture of JordanR
posted Hide Post
Not finding a link to this new rule book on the IDPA website. where did you get this from?

2015 rule book is still linked?

“We’re going to win so much. You’re going to get tired of winning. You’re going to say, ‘Please, Mr. President, I have a headache. Please, don’t win so much,’” he vowed.

Posts: 542 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: May 13, 2006Report This Post
On the DL
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Rule book du jour. I'm a pretty fast reader, but I have a hard time keeping up with the changes. Maybe some day they'll find a set of rules that they like.

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 14532 | Location: Central Florida (near Orlando) | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The folks with their sawn off service pistols masquerading as "Compact Carry Pistols" and "Back Up Guns" are unhappy. Size limits have been cut back to real compactness and real pocket size. A lot of guns obsoleted after only two years.

Posts: 2529 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Rule book du jour. I'm a pretty fast reader, but I have a hard time keeping up with the changes. Maybe some day they'll find a set of rules that they like.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha....

You funny man.

Nice is overrated

And people wonder why I carry a SIG P320

Death to Terrorists

Posts: 24749 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
http://www.idpa.com/misc/Rulebook%202017.pdf

They could go back to .3 seconds per point down.
You could miss fast enough to win.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 5264 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Report This Post
On the DL
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha....

You funny man.
The ink isn't dry on one version, they have the next one ready to print, and they're working on the draft for the one after that.

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 14532 | Location: Central Florida (near Orlando) | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post