SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Competition, Training and Regional Shoots    Safety of plated vs FMJ bullets
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Safety of plated vs FMJ bullets Login/Join 
posted
While practicing for USPSA at my house I've noticed some barely deformed FMJ bullets laying where I shoot from and I wondered if I changed over to plated if they would be more likely to disintegrate. Right now I shoot standard velocity FMJ 9mm bullets at AR Steel.

Posts: 21 | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
I've never seen a "barely deformed" bullet that impacted steel, regardless of whether it was jacketed, plated, or polymer-coated. Is it possible that the bullets you found were misses that impacted your berm instead?

ETA: By the way, the mods generally frown on posting the same thing in multiple subforums.
(http://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/4070012514 )

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Overheard at an actual match:
"Tapers! Come on, guys, we need tapers!"
"No, my name's Gonzales."

Posts: 4743 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Persian
Picture of PPGMD
posted Hide Post
Are the bullets bouncing back from your berm/bullet trap?

-------
A turbo: Exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens, and you go faster.

Mr. Doom and Gloom
"King in the north!"
"Slow is smooth... and also slow.

The opinions posted by this user are his own. And do not represent the opinions of his employer or sponsors.

Posts: 19789 | Location: At the wall | Registered: February 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
no they are coming back from the steel. I'll try to post some pics of it

Posts: 21 | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post