SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Competition, Training and Regional Shoots    Any interest in a North Florida (Tallahassee area) Sigforum shoot & get together?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any interest in a North Florida (Tallahassee area) Sigforum shoot & get together? Login/Join 
Vicariously Tactical
Picture of Mike729
posted
Any interest in a North Florida Sigforum shoot & get together?

I'm a member at this facility (I'm sure others in this area are as well). http://www.talontraininggroup.com/Talon-Range

Here's a virtual tour. Private bays with cover, no BS or unsafe stuff (who can forget the crazy locals shooting at propane cylinders in Ocala Eek )
The range is privately owned and run by LEOs and very nice staff and we could get our lane (or two). Full auto allowed provided the staff gets a heads up beforehand.
Virtual Tour

Large Bays

200 yard rifle range

Handgun Steel

Please post on this thread if interested, no timeline yet, it will depend on interest.

Posts: 1715 | Location: Tallahassee | Registered: August 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Danman
posted Hide Post
Will try to come out myself - thanks for the great idea!

NRA Certified Instructor

Posts: 970 | Registered: February 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would make the trip up

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 2506 | Location: FL | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rock or Something
Picture of Marc in FL
posted Hide Post
Date dependent, I'd be interested.

Posts: 1131 | Location: Tampa Bay Area | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sig Forum Smart-Ass
Picture of Rotndad
posted Hide Post
I would love to. However, my MIL is currently having medical issues that may complicate any out of town trips AND my current days off are a rotating weekday and Sundays. Because of that I will have to be a "Maybe" until the last minute.

Even though the Ocala shoot locals were a little sketchy sometimes I still have very fond memories of them.

Dripping water hollows out stone, not through force, but through persistence.
-Ovid

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Posts: 10192 | Location: Land O Lakes, FLA | Registered: June 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The One, the Only Mighty Paragon
Picture of Paragon
posted Hide Post
I am interested.

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer

Posts: 12062 | Location: Central FL | Registered: April 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vicariously Tactical
Picture of Mike729
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rotndad:
I would love to. However, my MIL is currently having medical issues that may complicate any out of town trips AND my current days off are a rotating weekday and Sundays. Because of that I will have to be a "Maybe" until the last minute.

Even though the Ocala shoot locals were a little sketchy sometimes I still have very fond memories of them.

Those shoots were definitely a lot of fun! I have a ton of pics, let me know if you want any and I'll be happy to email them.

Posts: 1715 | Location: Tallahassee | Registered: August 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Watching for
Falling Rocks
Picture of erratic
posted Hide Post
I'm up for it

Posts: 858 | Location: North Florida Mountains | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flow first,
power later.
posted Hide Post
I'd be interested

Posts: 672 | Location: Tampa | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vicariously Tactical
Picture of Mike729
posted Hide Post
Please feel free to suggest dates.