SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Competition, Training and Regional Shoots    Competition Speedloaders and speedloader carriers?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Competition Speedloaders and speedloader carriers? Login/Join 
Inject yourself!
posted
I want to try ICORE and currently only have a 4" GP100 .357, though I hope to soon have a GP100 in 10mm!

However, I'm in need of some speed loader holders and speed loaders. I have HKS speed loaders but I'm having a hard time finding open pouches for them. I'm open to new loaders if needed to match to a good pouch.

Any suggestions?

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8339 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Safariland comp 3 speed loaders

They will put a smile on your face after using them

They are spring loaded and launch the bullets in to the cylinder

Brownells or Midway are 2 stores that carry them
Midway has them on sale I believe

Safariland also makes a 3 position holder

And while you have the credit card out buy the loading block it helps when loading your speed loaders

There are other manufactures but Safariland is very popular

RLN Custom Gear makes a nice speed loader pouch that I have been using this year that is IDPA legal (the Safariland holder is not)

North Mountain Speed Loader holder is another one , Dillon has them in their catalog among other sites

Good luck with your revolver adventure, the guys that you run in to at your first ICORE match will also be able to give you some good direction.

RC

Posts: 1938 | Location: Indiana | Registered: March 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Moving cash
for money
posted Hide Post
Safariland Comp III speed loaders and carriers were designed for competition. I used to carry Comp II when I carried a revolver for work and had HKS as emergency back up. I found HKS speed loaders could unlatch and not hold the rounds sometimes.

Added: I order straight from Safariland's website.

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles scream and shout" R.I.P. R.A.H.
Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga
NRA Basic Rifle Instructor
Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED Adult/Child/Infant Instructor
Red Cross Wilderness First Aid Instructor

Posts: 9912 | Location: Jawjah | Registered: December 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do not compete, so i am unsure if these will fit your bill. I have bought speed beez speedloaders and tray's for all my revolvers. They are execelent.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Safariland Comp III speed loaders is my vote.

PC

Posts: 1332 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use Comp III for my Smith and Comp II for my Colt.
A friend prefers the Jetloader.
Too bad we can't get SL Variant any more.

I have speedloader carriers made by The Bear, pronounced as The Thing To Have by Ken Hackathorn. But they don't meet the present IDPA requirements to cover the body of the loader.

Posts: 3278 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I asked the director of our club's ICORE matches. He said he prefers Jet, but Safariland second, with some tuning.

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post