SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Competition, Training and Regional Shoots    Favorite handgun training drills
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Favorite handgun training drills Login/Join 
Picture of l33571
posted
Looking to the collective for favorite drills for handgun training. My normal set includes:

The Test
The Wizard
Tri Presidente
Bill Drill

I also usually pick something other than those at random from http://pistol-training.com/drills.

Any others that are recommended?

Posts: 57 | Location: Hoschton, GA | Registered: August 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
The Bill Drill

https://instagram.com/p/BMzfDYkBbM7/

"Make it a shooting, and not a gunfight" LSP552 02/19/2011

"There are only two reasons why a proven technique doesn't work under stress: the shooter isn't adequately trained in it's application, or he/she doesn't really believe it will work because he/she is programmed for failure to begin with." BG

Posts: 29398 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
1-5 Drill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaCpOt9xVy4

www.opspectraining.com
"It pays to be a winner."

Posts: 11423 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of l33571
posted Hide Post
1-5 is a good drill. I've done it before but completely forgot about it. Thanks!

Posts: 57 | Location: Hoschton, GA | Registered: August 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...and now here's Al
with the Weather.
Picture of guardianangel762
posted Hide Post
dry fire in my house for a few thousand reps.

Posts: 8778 | Location: Lake Stevens, WA | Registered: March 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
Dot torture drill

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is.

Posts: 7764 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's my way or the Highway
Picture of piedrarc
posted Hide Post
F.A.S.T drill

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Operation Specific Training

Bang, bang, Click

Posts: 4664 | Location: surrounded by liberals. | Registered: September 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dry firing drill I often do is the Wall Drill. Excellent drill for trigger control.....

Muzzle a inch away from the wall, focus on the front sight, pull the trigger, sights shouldn't move. I'll also start from high ready punch out against the wall, pull trigger... Draw against the wall... Add a shot timer to the drill. On the wall, beep, pull trigger as fast as I can w/o moving the sights...

Posts: 2255 | Location: 9860 ft above sea level Colorado | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Took a tactical pistol class this past Fall and the one drill that I picked up there is a version of the FAST drill. It is slightly modified to be:
Start with a two round gun (holstered) and a silhouette target at 5-7 yards.
Draw and fire Two rounds into center of mass.
Perform slidelock reload.
One round center of mass.
Two rounds to the head.

Recently tried the 1-2-R-3 drill at 5-7 yards.
Printed off a home-made version of the target.
Will start training with that drill more often.
As well as the 3-Two-1 drill (which uses the same target).

Posts: 400 | Registered: December 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post