SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Competition, Training and Regional Shoots    My first kind of big USPSA match
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My first kind of big USPSA match Login/Join 
posted
Late last year I joined USPSA and started shooting local club matches with an eye towards improving many things about my competitive shooting which left me unsatisfied. Last weekend I shot my first larger USPSA match in Piru California. Board member Oscar A. was in my squad and was very gracious about getting some video so I can self critique. There were some very good shooters and the course of fire was fun. I'm going to try and shoot a few other larger matches this summer. And of course, here is the edited footage...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cJsw-7tYpU

Ignem Feram

Posts: 528 | Registered: October 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
Well... how'd you do?

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tha1000:
Well... how'd you do?

Meh. I learned a lot and have a solid path forward. So I consider that success...

Ignem Feram

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I recognize that gun club. That is where piedrarc shoots. Always enjoy his videos. Did you shoot whit him?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
That wasn’t a much maligned 40 caliber Para was it? :-). For as much as you bagged on that thing you seemed to be wicked accurate with it.

Looks like you’re knocking them down much like you were when I had the pleasure of shooting with you, Oscar, piedrarc, and jljones. Good times.

Posts: 6914 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Slosig, that Para got sold, only because I wanted to reduce calibers to 9mm and 45 acp for the semi auto. In retrospect, I should have kept it. Big surprise, man sells gun, later regrets sale...

Ignem Feram

It's my way or the Highway
Picture of piedrarc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
I recognize that gun club. That is where piedrarc shoots. Always enjoy his videos. Did you shoot whit him?

I’ve had the honor to squad with mlazarus once. I see him at the club often, very talented shooter and instructor.

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Operation Specific Training

Bang, bang, Click

Posts: 4911 | Location: surrounded by liberals. | Registered: September 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mlazarus:
Slosig, that Para got sold, only because I wanted to reduce calibers to 9mm and 45 acp for the semi auto. In retrospect, I should have kept it. Big surprise, man sells gun, later regrets sale...
There is an alternative to that, but it involves guns piling up in Bore Stores on the bottom of the safe... Wink

Posts: 6914 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mlazarus:
So what was your pistol ? I think you shoot darn good. The music adds a cool elament to the match. Was going to ask why some mags have less rounds in them ? I got a hunch anyhow.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post