SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Competition, Training and Regional Shoots    OpecSpec Trng mention

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
OpecSpec Trng mention Login/Join 
posted
I dug out my P229 last night and headed to the range, (I carry a striker fired at work and compete with a P320). I started out with some one shot drills in DA out of the holster @ 7yds before moving on in # of rounds and distance.

I was amazed with my accuracy and speed with the first DA shot. I haven't fired a DA/SA firearm for some time now and not with any regularity in the past four years. In fact, I'm better now than I ever was in the twelve years I carried a DA/SA pistol on duty.

I attribute this to the training I received from OpSpec Training. Last night just highlighted this. My first DA shot was fast and extremely accurate because I used the fundamentals I learned at OpSec. I can't say enough about training with OpSpec.

DPR

It's my way or the Highway
Picture of piedrarc
posted Hide Post
Awesome!!!!

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Operation Specific Training

Bang, bang, Click

Posts: 4682 | Location: surrounded by liberals. | Registered: September 02, 2003Report This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the kind words, Sir!

Posts: 11452 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm hoping to take one of their classes next year.

Like guns, Love Sigs

Posts: 755 | Location: Battle Born | Registered: December 26, 2009Report This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the kind words, fellas! Oh, and 10round, HRHAWK has shamed me into shooting my 229 more. Big Grin

"Make it a shooting, and not a gunfight" LSP552 02/19/2011

"There are only two reasons why a proven technique doesn't work under stress: the shooter isn't adequately trained in it's application, or he/she doesn't really believe it will work because he/she is programmed for failure to begin with." BG

Posts: 29733 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Report This Post