SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Competition, Training and Regional Shoots    Dry Fire drill schedule or routine?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dry Fire drill schedule or routine? Login/Join 
posted
Been reading a lot of articles about the benefits of regular, consistent dry fire training.

Any one have any Dry Fire drill scedules, checklists, etc?

Apparently the SIG Academy had one, but I can't find it on the interweb.

Any and all suggestions, tips, etc will be appreciated.

Posts: 405 | Registered: December 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Persian
Picture of PPGMD
posted Hide Post
Steve Anderson and Ben Stoeger publish dry fire books with routines, how long/often they should be done, and other tips.

-------
A turbo: Exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens, and you go faster.

Mr. Doom and Gloom
"King in the north!"
"Slow is smooth... and also slow.

Posts: 20052 | Location: At the wall | Registered: February 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
10 minutes a night.

For about four days, three years ago. Big Grin That's how dedicated I am. Wink

Posts: 14120 | Location: A little box of pine on the 7:29 | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
2-3 times each week
1. From the ready 5 reps
2. From the ready Strong Hand Only 5 reps
3. From the ready Weak Hand only 5 reps
4. Draw from non-concealment 5 reps
5. Draw from concealment, open jacket, 5 reps
6. Draw from concealment, closed jacket, 5 reps
7. Empty Loads - 5 reps (use dummy rounds)
8. Tactical reloads - 5 reps
9. From the ready 5 reps to finish

------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1000 | Location: Mt. Lebanon, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PPGMD:
Steve Anderson and Ben Stoeger publish dry fire books with routines, how long/often they should be done, and other tips.

This. I use a mix of both. Prefer Stoeger's program and Anderson's accuracy mode/speed mode/match mode mental game philosophy. The books are reasonably cheap enough to buy both. Stoeger just revised his and Anderson's 3rd book has his latest and greatest thoughts on the subject as well as the "first 12" that he often refers to.

i dry fire 6 nights a week for 30-45 minutes. About half is stand and shoot drills, the other half is moving/field course type work.

Posts: 4579 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post