SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock magazine differences.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock magazine differences. Login/Join 
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted
I have several low capacity 40 S&W magazines and several

High capacity 357Sig magazines. The only functional

differences appear to be the followers. Is this so?

If so, can I swap the 40 followers into the 357Sig

bodiea and have high capacity 40 magazines? Tia.

A gun in the hand is worth more than ten policemen on the phone.
The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.

Posts: 3808 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Call Glock customer service. Based on my call a few weeks ago wrt to 27 vs 33 mags I was told identical and no need to swap followers. Worth the call.

Posts: 1621 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The followers you have won't work as they are only designed for 10 round mags and the 10 round magazine bodies are different internally than standard/full capacity mags.. You would need to buy standard capacity followers in .40 for the .357 mag. bodies, in order to have full/high capacity mags.. The mag. bodies should be the same size internally for the .40 and .357 full/high capacity mag. bodies. I don't know if there are any differences on the face or angle of the follower between the two.

I would normally say you could sell the 10 rounders and buy newer mags but trying to find them now at a decent price will be tough..

Posts: 6845 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted Hide Post
Slight misunderstanding, my 40S&W mag is a 13 round.

My 357SIG mag is a 15 round. Went to the GLOCK

website they show 2 different 40S&W followers. I

will call GLOCK on Monday to get answer. The cost

of a follower is < $5.

A gun in the hand is worth more than ten policemen on the phone.
The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.

Posts: 3808 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Far as I know AS LONG AS THE MAG BODIES ARE THE SAME LENGTH then .40 and .357 mags have the same capacity.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3188 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last post correct. If one mag is 13 rounds it is for the mid size frame ( ie Glock 23) and the 15 round for the full size ( ie Glock 22) follower won’t change capacity

Posts: 3271 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post