SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 X-Five VS Sig P320 X-Carry
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 X-Five VS Sig P320 X-Carry Login/Join 
posted
I have both the P320 X-Five and the Sig P320 X-Carry. I love them both. I really like the sight system on the P320 X-Five and the sight system on the Sig P320 X-Carry is just like my Sig Legion SAO. QUESTION: why is there substantially less muzzle lift with the X-Carry compared to X-Five using the same ammo? Both are 'Butt-on' accurate at 50 feet, maybe 1-2 inch spread. An inquiring mind just wants to know.

Posts: 85 | Registered: July 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
I am interested in the feedback here as well. I've also noticed that I prefer the way compacts handle over their full size equivalent when I shoot them side-by-side (XDm 4" vs 5", P229 vs P226, G17 vs G19, etc). I always hear that the longer slide is better for sight radius, but the difference in handling always makes me less accurate with the longer barrels.

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of incogneato
posted Hide Post
I don’t have an X5, but do have full size and Carry P320s, and have the same experience. I think that even with the lightening cuts of the X5 slide, you still have more weight further away from your body and slightly more energy leaving the barrel. I’m sure someone else can give a better, more technical answer, but that is how I understand it.

I alsways shoot better with 4” Guns. While I understand the theory behind recommending a longer sight radius, the reality for me is that the distance between the front sight of a 4” barreled gun seems to fall in the sweet spot for my eyes to pick up.

Posts: 124 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If it does not feel good, you will not shoot it well. Sometimes size matters but I believe it is how you use it and not how long it is :-) Sometimes a longer barrel makes the front sight just a touch too far away to easily center it...at least for me.

Posts: 85 | Registered: July 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post