SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    PSA: Walther PPS M2 drop safe safety recall
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PSA: Walther PPS M2 drop safe safety recall Login/Join 
Picture of Chazman1946
posted Hide Post
Sold mine on consignment at my local LGS and picked up.a S&W PC ported barrel .45 to replace it,,!

Posts: 78 | Registered: July 06, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
FWIW: I'm a very pleased owner of a PPS M2. Although mine isn't among the serial number range involved in the recall, I've had to send my (POS) CCP back to the factory twice. Once for a repair and parts replacement, and again for a recall. Walther returned that pistol to me within a very brief time span (about ten days I think).

Recalls are a fact of life for just about any mechanical device, but the Walther Service Department seems to do a good job of meeting their obligations to customers. As much as I hate the CCP design, I'm very happy with my PPS M2 and the three PPQs I also own. Don't get discouraged by the recall.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xl_target
posted Hide Post
quote:
I checked the Walther Forum and no one has yet posted any photos.

I was going to ask on there but I didn't want to make a post asking someone to show me a photo of his dingus Wink

Here's mine. I don't know how well you can see the dingus
It's an AV and not on the recall.

Posts: 2322 | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
xl_target - Thanks sir - much better photography skills than mine. Your dingus Wink (top photo) has the same dogleg/extension that mine does.

Posts: 431 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: September 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I dropped my PPS M2 off at FedEx a little over a week ago and it’s already on its way back to me. The only “bad” news is I started carrying my old Glock 26 again while the PPS has been gone and I’ve rediscovered what an outstanding carry pistol the G26 is. I guess it’s not really bad news because it’s nice to have two outstanding carry guns.

Kudos to Walther for such a quick turn around and the professional manner in which they handled the recall!

Posts: 478 | Location: Arizona | Registered: February 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PLO231
posted Hide Post
Thank you for posting this. My PPS M2 is listed and I will send it back for rework.

Posts: 120 | Registered: January 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I sent mine in last week. I got an email confirming receipt by Walther that says it’ll be done and on its way back in 5-7 days.

Posts: 133 | Location: Westfield, IN | Registered: June 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Character, above all else
Picture of Tailhook 84
posted Hide Post
Shipped mine on 04 Dec and just got the email confirming receipt this morning. "The average repair time is currently running between 5-7 business days."

Edited to add: Just got notification from FedEx this afternoon (13 Dec) that it is already on the way back. So 2 days to get there, 5 days to dig it out of the stack of returns, and 2 days to repair. All in all, not bad considering the logistical nightmare it must be to keep track of every returned pistol.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tailhook 84,

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."

Posts: 2541 | Location: West of Fort Worth | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PLO231
posted Hide Post
I got mine back after only one week, but Fort Smith, AR is not far from DFW.
The trigger feels the same, so I’m happy.

Posts: 120 | Registered: January 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow!! Lots of PPS M2 owners here!

I bought a PPS about 10 years ago when they were $600 dollars! I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer sometimes...

Posts: 1092 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lcbjr77
posted Hide Post
They only had mine for about a week and an half...biggest pain in the rear was shipping the thing back to my home and having no one there to sign for it... I'll take it to the range one day next week to see if the trigger feels any different

----------------------------------
Walther PPS M2

Posts: 1863 | Location: CT | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post