SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    PSA: Walther PPS M2 drop safe safety recall
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PSA: Walther PPS M2 drop safe safety recall Login/Join 
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted
I forgot to post this yesterday. Got an email from Walther informing me about this recall. Apparently with certain S/N ranges (there's a lot), the gun is not drop safe. My PPS M2 is included in the recall, with a S/N in the early part of the affected guns. For those of you who own the PPS M2 you should check its serial number against the list below to see if your gun is affected:

ONLY SERIAL NUMBERS BELOW ARE AFFECTED BY THE RECALL:

AN3020 through AN9999

AO0001 through AO9999

AP0001 through AP9999

AQ0001 through AQ9999

AR0001 through AR9999

AS0001 through AS9999

AT0001 through AT9999

AU0001 through AU7502

It would appear that some change took place at AN3020 because guns prior to that s/n are not affected.

PPS M2 Drop Safe Recall

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of paddling_man
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting this. Mine falls into this range.

Posts: 111 | Location: Indianapolis | Registered: July 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That’s not the only Walther recall. I see one on the PK380 and the PPK and the PPKs/1 made by S&W.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mutiny
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting, I'm an AVxxxx series so seemingly not involved.

Posts: 479 | Location: Out West | Registered: January 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
I sent in my PPS M2 last Saturday, the 17th, and I just received an email saying it has been shipped back to me, with FedEx tracking info. Must be a really quick-fix, there and back again within a week!

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1311 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lcbjr77
posted Hide Post
Quick question..does this have to go through a FFL or was this dropped in a FedEx Box, etc?
Thanks

quote:
Originally posted by Tooky13:
I sent in my PPS M2 last Saturday, the 17th, and I just received an email saying it has been shipped back to me, with FedEx tracking info. Must be a really quick-fix, there and back again within a week!

----------------------------------
Walther PPS M2

Posts: 1863 | Location: CT | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
Here's the link to the recall form. Fill it out, submit it, and they'll send you an email with a FedEx account number. Take their email, with the pistol, to the FedEx store and they do the rest. They return it directly to you, no FFL involved either way. Same as when you send a gun to SIG for custom work.

https://www.waltherarms.com/recall/

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1311 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:

That or not all guns in the quoted range of serial numbers have the condition that causes the not-drop-safe issue.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So what is the actual problem and the actual fix?

Posts: 268 | Location: South Florida  | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wreckless
posted Hide Post
Dammit, mine is in the range. All packed up to go Fedex

La Dolce Vita

Posts: 543 | Location: SW Florida & SNJ | Registered: July 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wreckless
posted Hide Post
And she's RTF'd

La Dolce Vita

Posts: 543 | Location: SW Florida & SNJ | Registered: July 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of paddling_man
posted Hide Post
Got mine - AT93xx - shipped out via Fedex this morning. Thanks again for the post, SS.

Posts: 111 | Location: Indianapolis | Registered: July 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Some might say if you make a gun completely drop safe, you legitimize mishandling... Apparently Walther isn't in that camp. Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sourkraut
posted Hide Post
So, those of you receiving a “fixed” PPS, are you going to go through a second ammo functionality test before carrying? Full on high round count, no test, or somewhere in between?

"Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die." Joe Louis

Posts: 591 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dubagel:
So what is the actual problem and the actual fix?

I read On the Walther forum that it’s due to Walther using the trigger safety tab from the PPS M1. If that’s true, hopefully the mod won’t mess up the trigger pull. Mine’s in the affected serial number range so it has to go back and I’m dreading it being gone.

Posts: 478 | Location: Arizona | Registered: February 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
Got my PPS M2 back today. Shipped it on the 17th and delivered back on the 26th, not bad! It's got the upgraded mark as shown in the links above, but no other info on what exactly was done. Dry fired a number of times and trigger feels no different.

Abraham Lincoln

Life's too short to
live by the rules
posted Hide Post
quote:
Got my PPS M2 back today. Shipped it on the 17th and delivered back on the 26th, not bad! It's got the upgraded mark as shown in the links above, but no other info on what exactly was done. Dry fired a number of times and trigger feels no different.

Well this is good news. I shipped mine back on the 19th. Should be back soon then.

Posts: 1696 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: August 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lcbjr77
posted Hide Post
Sounds good, I'll be shipping mine out tomorrow. Thanks to the OP for the heads up

----------------------------------
Walther PPS M2

Posts: 1863 | Location: CT | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xl_target
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mutiny:
Thanks for posting, I'm an AVxxxx series so seemingly not involved.

Phew! Same here.

Posts: 2322 | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine is the very first AU serial number that should be OK, and not part of the recall. I am not at home now, and can’t yet post a picture, but I will post the best photo I can take tonight of the trigger dingus/thingy on my PPS M2. The dingus on mine, for the lack of a better term, has a dogleg on it at the top which butts up against the frame - noticeably different than the ones on Glocks. For anyone who hasn’t shipped your affected M2 yet, could you post a photo of yours? This little exercise might be good evidence/“proof“ of which part they are replacing. I checked the Walther Forum and no one has yet posted any photos.

Posts: 431 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: September 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post