SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P239 Owner Again
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P239 Owner Again Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PKFan:
I'd considered a 239 Tactical at a LGS for $579, but the 9mm mag availability is about zero now, so I've held off.

I am seeing a BUNCH of the Tactical P239's for sale at pretty decent prices also. Did Sig put a bunch of the Tactical's together to get rid of their threaded barrel inventory? They don't seem to be flying off the shelves very fast.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I own four 239's. Two in 9mm. One a DA/SA and one a DAK. Two in 40 S&W .One a DA/SA and one a DAK. IMHO, the 9mm is better balanced and superior to the 40/357 variety. Even though I already own four 239's, I'd buy another if I could get it in 9mm and SAS. They are great guns. I keep thinking that there is probably something out there that is better for my needs (off duty) and I buy them but I always go back to the 239 for EDC.

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good for you. I'm not parting wiyh mine anytime soon.

Posts: 177 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Installed the SRT this morning and if it doesn't rain I'll shoot some steel later today...looks pretty dreary right now though.

IMG_9726 (800x600)

Posts: 1890 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Went down to the creek and ran 50 rounds through my P239 and don't believe I have ever shot a new to me firearm more accurate....everything was just so smooth about it and almost no noticeable recoil. My previous P239 (which I sold) was in .357 Sig and not knocking .357 Sig at all but it just wasn't for me..why oh why would Sig discontinue the P239.....

Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the 239, I have one in 357 and will never sell it, it's always fun to shoot.

By the way, nice set up you have there out side your window.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sourkraut
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
I own four 239's. Two in 9mm. One a DA/SA and one a DAK. Two in 40 S&W .One a DA/SA and one a DAK. IMHO, the 9mm is better balanced and superior to the 40/357 variety. Even though I already own four 239's, I'd buy another if I could get it in 9mm and SAS. They are great guns. I keep thinking that there is probably something out there that is better for my needs (off duty) and I buy them but I always go back to the 239 for EDC.

I have a pristine SAS Gen I 9mm DAK I’d like to sell. PM me if you are interested.

"Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die." Joe Louis

Posts: 591 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2012BOSS302:
Congrats on the 239, I have one in 357 and will never sell it, it's always fun to shoot.

By the way, nice set up you have there out side your window.

Thanks 2012...we built our home on 30 acres about 5 years ago and the wife suggested we build a detached shop building too...I had money down on a building package in 2 days before she changed her mind Smile
The shop is about 100' from the house and has my office with full bath..nice and quiet out here.

posted Hide Post
If someone is looking for a nice 9mm P239 two tone DA/SA NIB I stumbled across one at Robertsons Trading Post for $589.00 !!!

Better jump fast or pass it on to a deserving member.

http://robertsonstradingpost.g...-Magazines-9-sho.htm

Misanthropic Philanthrope
Picture of MWC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by toivo:
If you put Hogue checkered G10s on there, you wouldn't need grip tape. Wink

Werd, bro!

Posts: 6772 | Registered: June 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
Nice score. I really miss having a P239 in my collection. Hope it serves you well.

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post