SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P239 Owner Again
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P239 Owner Again Login/Join 
posted
I was browsing one of the online firearm sale/trade sites Sunday evening and came across someone about 60 miles away that had a P239 9mm for sale. Shot the guy an email and we got together on terms very quickly and met the next morning about 1/2 driving distance for each and got the deal done. Wham Bam P239 owner again!!LNIB with roughly 5 magazines through it.

I had a P239 SAS in .357 Sig several years ago but sold/traded it and had been watching for a P239 in 9mm but the timing just wasn't right.
My P239 came with a SRT to install and a ANR IWB Krydex holster..not a big IWB/Krydex fan but I'll probably give it a try.

All my current Sig's are doublestack mags and I had forgotten how well the P239 conceals and handles..happy camper I am Smile

Posts: 1890 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I own two in .40 S&W but I converted one of them to .357 Sig. I like the pistol, would like to find a 9mm.

Posts: 1988 | Location: metro Atlanta, GA | Registered: July 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Colby Bruce:
I own two in .40 S&W but I converted one of them to .357 Sig. I like the pistol, would like to find a 9mm.

I've bought and sold quite a few firearms and the only one I ever really regretted selling was my P239 .357 Sig..should have just kept it and got a 9mm barrel and 9mm mags.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of retpd
posted Hide Post
Congrats - Very nice.
Is it wearing Talon grip tape?

Posts: 398 | Location: Orlando | Registered: November 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by retpd:
Congrats - Very nice.
Is it wearing Talon grip tape?

Yes that is Talon grip tape...I had never used or heard of it but kind of like it..hard to tell it is tape and feels/looks like it is part of the grip.

posted Hide Post
Congratulation on a fine firearm. I have a P239 SAS in 357 Sig and find it to be a compact, reliable powerhouse with Underwood ammo.
Yes, it's a little bigger and heavier than the plastic fantastics, but the P239 is controllable, accurate and extremely reliable, and this is what counts for CCW.

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SummersAtTheLake:
I was browsing one of the online firearm sale/trade sites Sunday evening and came across someone about 60 miles away that had a P239 9mm for sale. Shot the guy an email and we got together on terms very quickly and met the next morning about 1/2 driving distance for each and got the deal done. Wham Bam P239 owner again!!LNIB with roughly 5 magazines through it.

I had a P239 SAS in .357 Sig several years ago but sold/traded it and had been watching for a P239 in 9mm but the timing just wasn't right.
My P239 came with a SRT to install and a ANR IWB Krydex holster..not a big IWB/Krydex fan but I'll probably give it a try.

All my current Sig's are doublestack mags and I had forgotten how well the P239 conceals and handles..happy camper I am Smile

Nice 9mm compact carry. Look for a couple of Sig 10 round magazines to add to your 239-9.

TGS usually has them in stock.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bearverine
posted Hide Post
I had a two tone several years ago, and stupidly sold it off. As time passed, I decided I'd like to have another, .40, SAS. One popped up awhile back, and I snagged it. The addition of a SRT from a member here really topped it off.
I don't often carry it, but I do love it.

As honor follows service, so the westerner travels to the east.

Posts: 478 | Location: Winchester, Indiana | Registered: April 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
My P239 in .40 will be one of the last guns I sell when the time comes to trim the herd. It's just too easy to carry and shoot.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bearverine:
I had a two tone several years ago, and stupidly sold it off. As time passed, I decided I'd like to have another, .40, SAS. One popped up awhile back, and I snagged it. The addition of a SRT from a member here really topped it off.
I don't often carry it, but I do love it.

I'm going to install the SRT before I fire my P239...it is like being a kid and having presents under the Christmas Tree Smile

posted Hide Post
I carried a P239 in 9mm, the only thing I changed on the gun was to put the Hogue rubber grips on it.

Posts: 1 | Registered: January 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd considered a 239 Tactical at a LGS for $579, but the 9mm mag availability is about zero now, so I've held off.

Posts: 700 | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Still love my P239. When Sig discontinued I decided to dress mine up. I added the G10 grips (much better), stainless guide rod, SRT trigger and +1 mag extension. I bought it as .40 but have .357 barrel too. I dont think I'll ever make the mistake of selling mine...I'll try to post pics later.

Posts: 114 | Location: NJ | Registered: December 09, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carried one off duty for many years when my PD allowed me to carry anything I want as long as it was a Sig 9mm or .380, lol. I put Hogues on mine and always felt like it shot like a full sized gun. i will never get rid of it. I believe I ordered it the year they debuted it.

Posts: 32 | Registered: August 23, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you put Hogue checkered G10s on there, you wouldn't need grip tape. Wink

Posts: 841 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
One of the few pistols I regret selling. Especially more so considering the prices for its heir apparent, the P225-A1. A P239, chambered in 357Sig makes for a formidable carry...

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
I wish I had as many p239s as Q has p228s.

Posts: 7349 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the black Hogue G10 grips on my P239 as well. They really work for me.
Jerry

Posts: 158 | Location: Oregon | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Picked up 2 P239 SAS's 9mm and 357 recently, need to get to the range.

P220 ELITE SAO 10MM + P220 SAS GEN 2 45 ACP
P226 MK-25 9MM [2]
P227 45 ACP
M11-A1 9MM [2]
P229 SAS GEN 2 9MM + P229 SAS GEN 2 357 + P229 CARRY SAS 357 + P229 ELITE 40 S&W
P239 SAS GEN 2 9MM + P239 SAS GEN 2 357
P290 9MM
1911 TACOPS 45ACP

Posts: 82 | Location: TENNESSEE | Registered: October 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One thing I have always wondered about on the P239...why is it that the P239 DA/SA has a bobbed hammer and no other DA/SA Sigs (that I am aware of) have bobbed hammers?
Possibility of light primer strikes could be the reason but what makes the P239 so unique that it's bobbed hammer works fine?