SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Accuracy of Spring Armory 1911 Range Officer
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Accuracy of Spring Armory 1911 Range Officer Login/Join 
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
I have a range officer in 9mm.

I usually start a shooting session shooting groups at 6 yards (cuz Bruce Gray told me to do that once) and will routinely hit 2" groups and frequently go into the 1.5", that's off-hand.

On a bag rest, the gun will shoot 3'' groups at 25 yards. I've shot some decent scores on a bulls eye target at 50 yards but never measured them.

I have more accurate pistolas, A Les Baer, a Gold Cup, a Sig x-5 with Gray guns trigger work, but I just like to shoot the Range Officer. It has a scratch on the left isde of the slide that appeared mysteriously and it's an 'oh-well' moment. It works for monthly matches and I dry fire it a lot.

So, extremely accurate? No. Plenty accurate for practice and the occasional club match? yep. And the price is pretty attractive for a pretty good gun. If I break this one I will buy another.

Posts: 6390 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wishfull thinker:
It has a scratch on the left isde of the slide that appeared mysteriously and it's an 'oh-well' moment.

That's weird -- my 9mm Range Officer has the same thing! I kind of thought mine was a reverse "idiot scratch," since it's on the slide rather than the frame, as if I bobbled the takedown pin up rather than down like most people do when they flub. But I don't remember doing that any time while field-stripping the pistol. As you say, "Oh well ..."

Posts: 842 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post