SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Accuracy of Spring Armory 1911 Range Officer
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Accuracy of Spring Armory 1911 Range Officer Login/Join 
posted
I wanted to get a extremely accurate 9mm pistol and was looking at the Springfield Armory range officer 9mm. Does anyone have any opinions on the pistol regarding accuracy and how would compare to my SIG 2264 accuracy?

Thank you and happy shooting

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 883 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
What is your actual budget, and how much would you really like an "extremely accurate" 9mm.

I would skip directly to a P210, 952, Or any other high end pistol if you're actually looking for "extremely accurate."

There aren't any shortcuts.

There are a number of great choices, but really, if the "extremely accurate" condition is actually what you want, you're not finding it for the price of a relatively basic 1911.

about as cheap as you can get for the criteria would be a G34, frankly.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
What is your actual budget, and how much would you really like an "extremely accurate" 9mm.

I would skip directly to a P210, 952, Or any other high end pistol if you're actually looking for "extremely accurate."

There aren't any shortcuts.

There are a number of great choices, but really, if the "extremely accurate" condition is actually what you want, you're not finding it for the price of a relatively basic 1911.

about as cheap as you can get for the criteria would be a G34, frankly.

Since I have 5 9mm's I wanted to try to stay around the $1,000 range. GrabAGun has the SA RO 1911 for 750 USD. What is the 952, not familiar with it? Someone told me to get a Browning High Power but I am not that familar with their accuracy.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
952 is a Smith & Wesson,
basically a 9mm version of the model 52 (which is in 38 spl midrange)

one sold recently on Gunbroker for $2250

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SSAreGreat:
Since I have 5 9mm's I wanted to try to stay around the $1,000 range. GrabAGun has the SA RO 1911 for 750 USD. What is the 952, not familiar with it? Someone told me to get a Browning High Power but I am not that familar with their accuracy.

a $1000 1911 in 9mm, from just about anyone, will be pretty darn accurate. I would look at Dan Wesson first.

If you really want "extremely accurate" though, save up. Get something like that P210 or the 952, and you'll have it forever.

There are some very accurate autos out there in the $1k range, and a modern production 1911 isn't too shabby.

But, "extremely accurate" will cost you more than $1000.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What arcwelder76 said.

Also, FWIW, my RO in .45 is a very accurate pistol.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Useless unless you define what is "extremely accurate" to you.

Posts: 783 | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Benelli B76.

But if something breaks, hope you have a friend that is a gunsmith.

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
In my opinion, most quality production 1911 manufacturers ($1,000) make guns that surpass 80% of the forum members' capabilities. SA RO is a fine gun and will likely be very accurate in the hands of a very accurate shooter.

All of my guns are only "somewhat accurate." Wink

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I wanted to get a extremely accurate 9mm pistol

At what distance will you be shooting?

Posts: 1335 | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
The USP Expert will fit in the group of "accurate" pistols already mentioned at just a little over the $1000 price point.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra21:
In my opinion, most quality production 1911 manufacturers ($1,000) make guns that surpass 80% of the forum members' capabilities. SA RO is a fine gun and will likely be very accurate in the hands of a very accurate shooter.

All of my guns are only "somewhat accurate." Wink
If only they were “scary accurate”!!! Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of testfire
posted Hide Post
I have a Springfield Armory Range Officer in 9mm and love it. Goes with to the range every trip. Co-workers love to shoot it because of the soft recoil and accuracy is better than I am. Very happy with the gun at price they are selling it for. Are others mentioned above better - most likely (although at a higher cost). Do I feel you will be upset if you purchase it - no.

Good luck with whatever you decide, and keep us posted.

Posts: 386 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: May 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
For $1100 you can get something like a CZ75 Tactical Sport which is pretty damn accurate. My most accurate 9mm is an $1200 Tanfoglio Limited Elite.

An HK USP Expert or Elite will also give you some damn good accuracy. Usually found in the $1100 range.

Springfield’s have good barrel lock up’s and excellent slide to frame fits. If you have match bushing fitted you will get very good accuracy.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Just a little over that for a Shadow 2.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GP229:
quote:
I wanted to get a extremely accurate 9mm pistol

At what distance will you be shooting?

15 to 25 yards

posted Hide Post
Currently GrabAGun has the Springfield Armory range officer 1911 for about $750 which is a reasonable price. Tempting.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
For $1100 you can get something like a CZ75 Tactical Sport which is pretty damn accurate. My most accurate 9mm is an $1200 Tanfoglio Limited Elite.

An HK USP Expert or Elite will also give you some damn good accuracy. Usually found in the $1100 range.

Springfield’s have good barrel lock up’s and excellent slide to frame fits. If you have match bushing fitted you will get very good accuracy.

I do not see the HK USP Expert or Elite on HK's USA website. Are these models still available new?

Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
There are other choices for better accuracy AND loyalty:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/9420010734

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4577 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
I dont know what you understand as extrem accuracy. I´m shooting a lot of target competition in the 9mm class. Successful pistols seen in such events are SIG P210, S&W 952, any CZ75 sporters, X-Series SIGSauers, any SIGSauer sporters and when its owner has a good day the odd HK sporter. Owners of 9mm 1911 type pistols show up once in a while alo but they dont make into the top 10 of the score list.

I´mean look. What does range officer mean? It´s the authority on the range, enforcing security, giving aid to less experienced shooters and looking cool doing it. That´s not what I´m associating with extreme accurate shooting Wink

Posts: 3775 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post