SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Please recommend an entry level .45ACP bullseye (and/or hardball) pistol
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Please recommend an entry level .45ACP bullseye (and/or hardball) pistol Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted
I'd want one ready to learn and compete with, out of the box.

Dependable ,please.
Accurate enough for club level competition.

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
The Baer HBNM pistol might meet your requirements.

NRA Life

Posts: 1561 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Budget??

Posts: 875 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: May 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I bought a Les Baer wadcutter to get into the bullseye game. It has turned into a fine pistol. When they tell you it needs 500 rounds of Federal Match 185gr to break it in, they are not lying, the fit is that tight. I was not about to shoot $400-$450 worth of factory ammo to break it in, I loaded up 500 rounds of 185gr Zero JHP's on top of 4.5 gr Bullseye, and accomplished the same thing.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
I'd want one ready to learn and compete with, out of the box.

Dependable ,please.
Accurate enough for club level competition.

Club Level competition can be won with any decente pistol.
Important for the gun is a consistent trigger weight taht can be handle well during slow fire, timed fire and rapid fire, a good set of target sights and well fitting ortopedic grips. My choice to begin wiht would be a Colt Gold Cup. Plenty of competions had been won with this pistol.

Posts: 3773 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In 1911’s some good suggestions already. A few guys in my club are using the Springfield range Officer with good results. If you can be patient talk to some club old timers and keep an eye on club bulletin boards. Though not as common as they used to be, you can often find an older shooter ( rare to find more than a handful of shooters in bullseye that are not grey haired- in my club as an early 50’s shooter I am pretty
Much the kid!) getting rid of a pistol for a good price, or a high level shooter selling a more basic pistol as he upgrades.
I myself enjoy shooting bullseye with a revolver and hold my own against a lot of guys with real fancy equipment. My .22 is a S&W 17 6” and my centerfire is a 14 6”. Both of these guns are very competitive in regards to accuracy on par with anything else you can find and neither cost me over $300.

Posts: 3268 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
Baer and Rock River Arms the only manufacturers I'm aware of that not only build what you're looking for, but they have an accuracy guarantee as well. If you want to go used Buds Gun Shop has used Baer pistols at a good price.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SgtGold,

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sig 220X6. Nuf said.

Posts: 1248 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Define "bullseye."

My Ruger KP90DC is dead nuts accurate

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
How does it group at 50 yards?

quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
Define "bullseye."

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
Define "bullseye."

http://www.bullseyepistol.com/

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by captain127:
In 1911’s some good suggestions already. A few guys in my club are using the Springfield range Officer with good results. If you can be patient talk to some club old timers and keep an eye on club bulletin boards. Though not as common as they used to be, you can often find an older shooter ( rare to find more than a handful of shooters in bullseye that are not grey haired- in my club as an early 50’s shooter I am pretty
Much the kid!) getting rid of a pistol for a good price, or a high level shooter selling a more basic pistol as he upgrades.
I myself enjoy shooting bullseye with a revolver and hold my own against a lot of guys with real fancy equipment. My .22 is a S&W 17 6” and my centerfire is a 14 6”. Both of these guns are very competitive in regards to accuracy on par with anything else you can find and neither cost me over $300.

good advice on asking around, I have a picked up a few good deals that way,

sadly, Bullseye has just about dried up around here

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Bullseye is dying out here. The shooters are dying off quicker than they can be replaced. A shame ,as Bullseye has it's own brand of skill to offer.

I shot it in the 70's and seem to make a Match or at least a few practices at least annually.

Currently shooting my Wilson CQB with nite sights for .45. And for CF I shoot my old K-38 SAO , or a Smith 52. For .22 either a host of autos, or my 6" K-22.

I shoot like garbage now. Cant see the sights, refuse to go optics. For me it's an excuse to bring out an old Victor/M-41 or the Smith 52 and give them some shooting time.

Short of finding an old hardball gun, I'd have to say Baer is probably the only one TRULY building a dedicated HB gun today.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Springfield Custom builds a dedicated
hardball gun, PC9502 is the model number.

Posts: 239 | Registered: April 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post