Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

sp2022 Login/Join 
posted
hi everyone new here just wondering whats the opion of sig sp2022 in .40 cal? picked one up new 400$ what you think?

Posts: 5 | Registered: January 13, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great gun. Love mine in 9mm. You could do a search here for past topics on them.

Posts: 875 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: May 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one but 9mm. Very solid gun

Posts: 991 | Location: UP of Michigan | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought your question was answered pretty well at arfcom. You can go there to read my opinions, I'm not gonna copy/paste.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't see the arfcom post? But in any case welcome. Nice and underappreciated gun. glad sig still makes it. I've never a problem with my 2022's and I like the FDE ones in particular. Caliber is every bodies opinion so doesn't matter. Price depends on where. But for a .40 certainly not a steal. You will certainly be able to enjoy it for many tens of thousands of rounds.
But what exactly are you asking us to think about?

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I have the 9mm, and it is the most underrated SIG out there. Accurate, well balanced, nice trigger, good controls, easy to carry and gentle to shoot.

I love mine.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12768 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not a 40 guy, but am a fan of the 2022. I'm not sure why it doesn't receive more love.

Posts: 937 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
I’ve heard nothing but good things about the SP2022. I’ve often been tempted to pick one up when I see how much cheaper they are than the traditional P-series pistols.

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
I love my 2022/.40. It had a very good trigger out of the box, and then I installed the Galloway Precision Hannibal adjustable trigger in it and it’s even better. Makes me want to get one in 9mm next.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1680 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome aboard. The SP2022 is the best kept secret in polymer double column DA/SA pistols. Next in line would be the CZ P-07.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone to the Dogs
Picture of tomgun
posted Hide Post
I just picked up a 2022 9mm today for a price I can't believe. Package deal for a shield 9mm and the 2022 for $500.00.
Came with 4 factory mags, both grip modules, the box and factory papers etc. Plus new nightsights, and no LCI.
I'm in sig heaven, I've been wanting one for awhile.

Posts: 1696 | Location: Lake Tapps, WA. | Registered: June 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Fantastic trigger, They are great shooters, no doubt. Priced well too. Only down side is they are rather large. If only Sig could scale it down to the size of a P239...

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are awesome and underrated. I have the early versions SP2009 Blueline version and SP2340 and they have fantastic triggers and shoot tight groups and are reliable. Enjoy!

"Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6"

Posts: 1053 | Registered: February 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
I just picked one up a short while back myself for a great price locally. Kinda went full circle with Sig as I started with a SP2340 back in ‘04 and sold it.

Posts: 4609 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have not had any first hand experience with them but I have heard a good deal of great things about them.

Posts: 3 | Registered: September 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mr. Peteroniman
posted Hide Post
very comfortable pistol for me, I haven't had any issues, reliable

would highly recommend

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed.
For after all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog.”
― Charles M. Schulz

Posts: 2012 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: June 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Really outstanding pistol, midigates the recoil of the 40SW very effectively, soft shootin and exceeding accrate pistol.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mountain Walker,

Posts: 2047 | Location: East Central Toadsuck, Florida | Registered: September 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve had a 9mm 2022 for well over a decade. The trigger OTB is way better than most guns. The only think I’ve ever done with mine is to replace the plastic mainspring rod with a SS rod. There are a couple of people here who sell them.

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Welcome. I traded away a SP2340 (drat-don't do that) only because I already had another SP2022 in 40. It is a well balanced pistol. Wink

Posts: 3507 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
Fantastic trigger, They are great shooters, no doubt. Priced well too. Only down side is they are rather large. If only Sig could scale it down to the size of a P239...

I agree that its size is its main drawback. The pistol market is dominated by compact and smaller size guns. Sig Pros were designed as open-carry, duty sidearms. The grips are also rather thick at a time when everyone is pushing slimline.

If Sig put out a Sig Pro that were the size of a P320C/250C or CZ P-07 and kept the price the same as a SP2022, I think it would be a hit.

Posts: 3185 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post