SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365 Striker issues
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365 Striker issues Login/Join 
posted
Unfortunately I have one of the P365 that has striker issues. Just sent back to factory for repair. Has anyone else went through this and what was your results with repair? Honestly the customer rep on phone tried to "insinuate" it may be my fault, thumb hitting and causing slide travel, soft grip, etc. I'm not a new shooter,own three other SIG pistols, have shot thousands of rounds. I informed him I had already researched and knew of the issue and manufacture date range and mine is in it. Have picture but can't find a way to upload?

God, Family, Country
P226 Legion SAO
1911 Max Full-Size/45
P938 SAS Micro Compact
P365

Posts: 10 | Location: NE Illionois, Livingston, TN | Registered: November 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
“Striker issues” is pretty vague. Can’t say I have any idea of what you are referencing. And I’d imagine 90% or better of calls that any firearm manufacturer receives are related to the end user, not the product. That’s why they say that and also why they often charge you for the shipping and only reimburse if they find a legit issue. Everyone fancies themselves as a competent shooter. Not everyone is. Even if you are, doesn’t mean you aren’t inadvertently causing the issue. Just look at complaints about failures to lock back.

Anyway, not saying you are the issue, just understand why CS mentions it. And I don’t really know what your issue is, so I can’t help.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1859 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BuddyChryst:
“Striker issues” is pretty vague. Can’t say I have any idea of what you are referencing. And I’d imagine 90% or better of calls that any firearm manufacturer receives are related to the end user, not the product. That’s why they say that and also why they often charge you for the shipping and only reimburse if they find a legit issue. Everyone fancies themselves as a competent shooter. Not everyone is. Even if you are, doesn’t mean you aren’t inadvertently causing the issue. Just look at complaints about failures to lock back.

Anyway, not saying you are the issue, just understand why CS mentions it. And I don’t really know what your issue is, so I can’t help.

Understand what you mean by supposed competent shooters as I see them at range all the time and they scare the crap out of me. I have shot thousands of rounds through my four different SIGs and this is the only one I have problems with. I'm getting lite dimple strike failed to fire. Failed to fire

God, Family, Country
P226 Legion SAO
1911 Max Full-Size/45
P938 SAS Micro Compact
P365

Posts: 10 | Location: NE Illionois, Livingston, TN | Registered: November 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Alright, failure to fire with light primer strikes. Can’t say I’m aware of that being a known problem with the P365, but I certainly don’t know everything. It sounds like you’ve already sent it off so my troubleshooting suggestions (function testing with a pen, cleaning striker and channel and not lubing, switching ammo, posting pics of cases) are pointless.

What would I expect from SIG? To check the pin and channel, the firing pin safety block and proper deactivation, and striker spring.

As for being user induced, that’s kinda difficult with light primer strikes. You’d have to be able to get it right to a sweet spot where it’s out of battery just enough to prevent the striker from making proper contact while not activating the disconnector to prevent an OOB kaboom. Unlikely you’d be able to if you really tried. Although, my PPQ has light strikes that were induced by the previous owner...he had frog lubed everything, including the striker and channel (never lube those) and the POS FL turned into sticky funk is 40 degree weather, slowing the striker down enough to induce failures. Never frog lube and never lube the striker/channel.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1859 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BuddyChryst:
Alright, failure to fire with light primer strikes. Can’t say I’m aware of that being a known problem with the P365, but I certainly don’t know everything. It sounds like you’ve already sent it off so my troubleshooting suggestions (function testing with a pen, cleaning striker and channel and not lubing, switching ammo, posting pics of cases) are pointless.

What would I expect from SIG? To check the pin and channel, the firing pin safety block and proper deactivation, and striker spring.

As for being user induced, that’s kinda difficult with light primer strikes. You’d have to be able to get it right to a sweet spot where it’s out of battery just enough to prevent the striker from making proper contact while not activating the disconnector to prevent an OOB kaboom. Unlikely you’d be able to if you really tried. Although, my PPQ has light strikes that were induced by the previous owner...he had frog lubed everything, including the striker and channel (never lube those) and the POS FL turned into sticky funk is 40 degree weather, slowing the striker down enough to induce failures. Never frog lube and never lube the striker/channel.

Thanks again for input and yes agree to NO FROG LUBE.

God, Family, Country
P226 Legion SAO
1911 Max Full-Size/45
P938 SAS Micro Compact
P365

posted Hide Post
I've found out that all striker=fired pistols need to have clean, dry strikers, and striker channels.
The worst I've had issues with, is my Kimber Solo, which the engineers decided to make it so you have to drive out a roll pin, to remove the striker. It doesn't take much oil to migrate down the striker, effectively hydro locking it from traveling the way it should.

Posts: 221 | Location: WI | Registered: October 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post