SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P220-R5-10 Legion Range Report (lite)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P220-R5-10 Legion Range Report (lite) Login/Join 
Picture of arflattop
posted
I took my Sig P220 Legion 10mm to the range today for a first shoot. I am extremely impressed with this pistol, as it performed flawlessly and the ergonomics are hard to beat. If you have other Legion pistols, it will seem familiar, but the grip seems to have more edge to it without being painful.

I shot the pink target at 10 yards, the black target at 15 yards, both offhand and unsupported. I shot eight rounds of "bunny" ammunition (Blazer aluminum cased 200gr) and eight rounds of "original spec" ammunition (Buffalo Bore 180gr). There is a marked difference between the two in terms of velocity and recoil. The weight of the pistol and effectiveness of the grips made the Buffalo Bore ammunition (1350 fps, 782 ftlbs) a pleasure to shoot.

If you're on the fence regarding 10mm, I can't recommend the Sig highly enough. It's heavy, but tames the 10mm nicely.

JPFO Life Member

Posts: 1216 | Location: Heartland of KY | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice shooting!

Thanks for the range report!

Cathy

Posts: 302 | Registered: August 10, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pretty darn good shootin'! I have a P220 Elite SAO in 10mm and although it is a beast it is fun to shoot!

Enjoy the new Legion!

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I don't think I need a 10mm but I certainly want a 10mm.

Posts: 13091 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
I’m glad you like it!

I am still quite gratified by the resurgence of interest in high-quality 10mm pistols as exemplified by the P220-10. I had no idea it would go this far.

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post