SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Beretta 96G Elite II in 357SIG
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta 96G Elite II in 357SIG Login/Join 
Picture of PGT
posted
I've mentioned this project before but its finally back in my hands. Josh @ AAGW is a wizard. Shorter spring and LB replacement cycles will be in order.

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

Will you have a range report?

Posts: 15891 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Eventually, yes. I've been more into MG's lately so we shoot those when we go. I'll try to get this in the rotation.

posted Hide Post
Wow, nice set up.
The Elite was always one of my favorite pistols of the Beretta line and I always kick myself for not getting one.

This is the first time I ever saw one in .357sig.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrapteam666:

This is the first time I ever saw one in .357sig.

Thanks. Its the only one. Razz

posted Hide Post
Very nice. Mine should be coming this week but I'm leaving it 40 caliber.
I'm tempted to do some work on it but I'll hold off and see how it does first.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
Beautiful.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
That's sexy right there

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Elite IIs are some of my favorites.

I bet that's an excellent shooter.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11145 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
Very nice piece

And one of my favorite calibers

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice and great photos! The lettering on the slide looks factory. Sad for me cause I thought I saw that the Brigadier-style slide will no longer be produced. I hope I'm wrong!!

Posts: 431 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: September 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice pistol. I was also unaware they made any in a 357 Sig. Very cool.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Sweet!

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1935 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
NICE!
What's the difference between the Elite IA and the Elite II?

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
NICE!
What's the difference between the Elite IA and the Elite II?

Follow the link and scroll down. They have a good description of all the different models. Towards the bottom, they get to Elite I, Elite IA and Elite II. http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_5...AQ--M9-vs-92FS-.html

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Elite 1A is a Vertec frame vs. normal frame on the Elite II. They both are G action and have additional frame checkering. Also...E1A has a black slide and barrel whereas EII is stainless. I had an E1A before and sold it to Bill Wilson's son back in 2015 or so.

Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
A 90 series in .357 has to be an awesome package. I'll bet that's a sweet shooter

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Q....here's the Elite 1A. Basically the same top end on a Vertec frame (think M9A3)

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Definitely like the Elite II better. To me, the 92/96 series never look good with the Vertec profile.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Agreed. E1A's demand a premium because they didn't make many but most collectors prefer an EII because of the classic lines.

I have another EII in 9mm and a third frankengun, a normal 92 frame brought to Elite II specs but re-anodized in black Type II hardcoat with a unicorn slide; 98G Elite II in 9x21. I'm still hopeful to find a barrel for it but it's got a 9mm in there right now.