SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Traded for a rare commercial High Power this morning
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Traded for a rare commercial High Power this morning Login/Join 
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Original leather rug too?

Neat find

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11144 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you do not mind, what did you trade for this Beauty?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 883 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
an OD green CZ P-01 and a few benjamins

Posts: 3079 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcs1564
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
an OD green CZ P-01 and a few benjamins

I'd have to say that you did rather nicely on this one. As far as mags go, I do believe they are interchangeable.

------------
SP2022 - 9mm

Posts: 1260 | Location: CT | Registered: January 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice pistol. That "PZ" date code makes it a 1981 manufacture. Wonder how many of them were made in that caliber?

Posts: 2010 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
That's appears to be clean example, and a variation that everybody else on your block is unlikely to have. When some distributor was closing the .30 Hi Powers out years ago, for around $400.00 IIRC, I bought one thinking I could add a 9MM barrel and shoot both calibers. Wrong! The .30s have a very light slide, with a lot of metal milled away, and a smaller diameter barrel as mcs1564 indicated. I was able to locate some factory Winchester Western, old WRA ball and Peters .30 ammo. Chronographed velocities were in the area of 1180-1200 FPS. With the ammo I had, the pistol was reliable and recoil, as might be expected, was light. After satisfying my curiosity about the .30 version, and realizing I could not easily convert it to 9MM, I sold it, or traded it on something else. The .30 Hi Powers seem to be achieving collectors item status now days. Enjoy yours.

NRA Life

Posts: 1563 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
Did we ever find out if Browning was ceasing production of the BHP?

Very nice trade, Sir, I've wanted to replace my Belgian HP ever since I lost it.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
quote:
Originally posted by GT-40DOC:
Note that the mag is stamped 7.65cal. on it.

Thanks. Is it interchangeable with the 9mm mag?

Yes, the 9mm mags work just fine in these HPs.

Posts: 6613 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post