SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Traded for a rare commercial High Power this morning
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Traded for a rare commercial High Power this morning Login/Join 
Picture of PGT
posted
Mint condition, from about 1982 and in 7,65 Para (30 Luger). Pretty sweet but definitely need some nice Spegels for it.

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Amazing find, congratulations.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1554 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Congrats, that looks great!

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
Awesome. Congrats on the find. Have never seen one in that caliber , knew they were made but never seen one.

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2765 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
At least back then, the serial number rollmarks were stamped deep enough.

All the MKIII's serial number stampings are barely legible.

Nice pistol upu have there. Go over to the 1911 forum and the Browning Hi Power sub forum and post what you posted here. Those members would enjoy seeing your 30 Luger too.

https://forums.1911forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
I couldn't agree more about putting this over on the 1911 forum, I was just going through the HiPower sub forum and have been wanting one badly. You certainly got a real beauty there.

It's kids like you, who make this bus late.

Posts: 884 | Location: Weirton,WV | Registered: April 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Nice find PGT, she is a beauty!

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1935 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
BHP is the sexiest pistol ever made. Hammer bites the hell out of me though.

Sweet find, that's an excellent addition to any collection.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcs1564
posted Hide Post
Very nice pickup! I thought hard about picking on up in .30 Luger, but, decided to go with a conversion barrel from Bar-Sto that will eventually make it's way out to Don Williams for fitment.

------------
SP2022 - 9mm

Posts: 1260 | Location: CT | Registered: January 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
20 years ago I spent a whole summer shooting and loading for a 1920 vintage, DWM commercial Luger in .30 Luger. Learned a lot, found that getting that tiny bullet to stay put as the gun cycled was tough, but easier if you used cast or swagged bullets. Try Hornady's swagged ~100 grainers in .32 cal with Unique and a good crimp. Brass is easier to find now, as I think Starline still makes it...buy a lot...it'll go away at some point. Good luck, it was and still is a fun gun that's superbly accurate.

Too, someone's making 9mm barrels that ought to fit...Barsto maybe...would make it more useful, or maybe you're going to make it a safe queen...just sayin' Rod

5th Spl Forces, Air Force Bird Dog FAC, lll Corps RVN 69-70.... We enjoy the Bill of Rights by the sacrifices of our veterans;
Politicians, Preachers, Educators, Journalists and Community Organizers are beneficiaries, not defenders of our freedoms.

Posts: 727 | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Will you shoot it?

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcs1564
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rodfac:
Too, someone's making 9mm barrels that ought to fit...Barsto maybe...would make it more useful, or maybe you're going to make it a safe queen...just sayin' Rod

You'd actually need to pick up a complete 9mm slide assembly. The .30 Luger barrel has a smaller outside diameter and the slide was lightened specifically for use with the round.

------------
SP2022 - 9mm

Posts: 1260 | Location: CT | Registered: January 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I have a T-Series in 9mm as well so no need to switch calibers up on this. As for shooting it, yes, I plan to. Its not "new/unfired" so I see no harm in running a through boxes through it.

posted Hide Post
Oh that is beautiful, I saw one at a collector's show a couple years ago. One of those guns I kinda wish I'd bought.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcs1564
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
I see no harm in running a through boxes through it.

What’s your preference for ammo? I had a box of Fiocchi 765A drop shipped to Robert Burke when he fitted my P226 barrel. He didn’t report any issues with it, so, I ordered some more which should arrive this week.

------------
SP2022 - 9mm

Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
European brands for sure on the traditional loads like that.

posted Hide Post
Nice looking piece.

Posts: 735 | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe that you will enjoy shooting your new FN HP in 7.65P caliber. I have one, and it is a hoot to shoot. I am a handloader, so most of my range ammo is from my press, but Fiocchi and W-W also will work well. Note that the mag is stamped 7.65cal. on it.

Posts: 6618 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GT-40DOC:
Note that the mag is stamped 7.65cal. on it.

Thanks. Is it interchangeable with the 9mm mag?

Normality Contraindicated
Picture of italia
posted Hide Post
Very minty - nice find!

------------------------------------------------------
Though we choose between reality and madness
It's either sadness or euphoria

Posts: 2988 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post