SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    So mossberg makes pistols now..
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So mossberg makes pistols now.. Login/Join 
Picture of creslin
posted
Didn’t see this coming:

https://www.mossberg.com/category/series/mc1sc/

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1541 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I'm sure they're committed to making a good product, and I wouldn't be surprised if they keep it affordable, but I'm not sure what they're offering that people can't get elsewhere.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
If it runs and people like it, kudos to mossy. If it’s a tinker toy it won’t stay for long.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We Only Kneel
to Almighty God
posted Hide Post
Didn't see any pricing.

Posts: 3427 | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
That striker assembly looks familiar.

quote:
Originally posted by nra-life-member:
Didn't see any pricing.

425 for the two stock sight models
526 for the TruGlo model
514 with the Viridian model

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like a Ruger SR9

Posts: 1178 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scsigs:
Looks like a Ruger SR9

Yes, very much like one.

I like the SR9, not a great trigger, but a cheap pistol that works every time. (at least my experience with it)

I don't see an MSRP or anything either, I'm sure this will be featured at SHOT

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Huh, not terribly surprised at expanding into pistols, but more surprised that they went small to start. It's easier to get a full sized pistol to work right than a small one.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is aimed at the P365 market, their website even states the sight is compatible with a Sig #8.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16087 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Trouble is unpredictable. It shows up without warning. It rears its ugly head when and where you least expect it. Trouble has no conscience. No regrets. No remorse. So be prepared. And be protected. Introducing the MC1sc Subcompact 9mm Pistol by Mossberg.

Hallelujah! We've been waiting for our savior all these years.

Q

Posts: 26376 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Hm. The perfect gun for 9mm shotshells? But no tang safety. What's a Mossberg without a tang safety? So it's the Mossberg for those times when a Shockwave just won't cut it. How thoughtful of them.

quote:
This is aimed at the P365 market, their website even states the sight is compatible with a Sig #8.

Well it better be inexpensive if it wants people to somehow forget about 10+1 and 12+1 in a small tidy package.

Another "takedown without pulling the trigger" design. Roll Eyes Definitely NOT going after the normal Glock crowd, evidently only targeting those tenderfoot cronies who are too inept and unreliable to automatically safety check their guns before doing any sort of work on them...or prior to dry firing a gun. Any gun.

Well if they can't yet make a box mag fed semi-auto shotgun/Shockwave, may as well placate the masses with a subcomp 9mm handgun instead. I'm sure Taurus is now shaking in their boots at the thought of all of those sales they're now going to lose to MOSSBERG!

It just doesn't have the right ring to it; maybe in about 3-5 years. A toast; here's hoping that Mossberg doesn't have their own R51 moment.

Lessee...handgun (check)
semi-auto rifle (check)
bolt-action rifle (check)
precision distance rifle (um, kinda check)
pump shotgun (check)
semi-auto shotgun (check)
break top over/under shotgun (um, never mind. No one needs THAT Turkish crap)
"firearm" (check)

Yup, Mossberg now has all the generic categories covered. Except flame throwers. No flame thrower. They need to rectify that oopsie. Oh, and I guess they need a revolver while they're at it as well. At least they're well on their way to being that 'one-stop gun shopping brand'.

From rimfire to 12GA, they have it (mostly) covered. Well, kinda. No 1911. Everyone NEEDS a 1911.

Thank u mossy for fueling my insomnia/light sleeping habits...

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I'll be nice to you guys and forgo purchasing one to make sure there's enough for everyone. You can thank me later.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They need to learn from Remington and stick to shotguns/rifles

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Diversify your products or die...

Posts: 13810 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Video review.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/mhBfB33sjWk

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nra-life-member:
Didn't see any pricing.

Click the "Models" tab and then "Details" to go to the page that shows $425 MSRP.

Posts: 625 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: March 25, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Magazines made by ETS Group?

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not the first Mossberg handgun. They made a 4 shot pistol in the 20's. It was called the brownie.
I have one. Nice little 22.

Posts: 371 | Location: The once great state of California | Registered: November 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
I think the gun has potential. It should have a street price in the mid-$300s. I like that it's compatible w/ G43 mags, b/c the OEM clear mags look fragile.

If you want something the same size as a G43 but w/o the Glock grip angle; has metal, low-profile 3-dot sights, and costs about $100 less, then try the MC1sc.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Magazines 100% Glock 43 compatible.

quote:
Originally posted by highroundcount:
Magazines made by ETS Group?

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post