SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    PTR MP5 now listed on their website
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PTR MP5 now listed on their website Login/Join 
posted
While I have been looking forward to this day with a mixture of anticipation and dread it has finally arrived. PTR is now listing two MP5s on their website. They have rails on the upper receiver and M-Lok handguards. One has a threaded barrel and a tri-lug while the other only has the tri-lug.

http://ptr-us.com/products-9-x-19mm.php

The MSRP is $1899 so I guess an eventual street price of ~$1650.

I like my JLD era PTR91 a great deal and I am sure the new MP5 will be a quality product. As an added bonus my money wouldn’t be going to Turkey. Unfortunately. I think it is probably a little too rich for my blood.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very, very interesting.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DrewR:
They have rails on the upper receiver and M-Lok handguards

Useful but gross.

Posts: 9961 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
way too much. better choices out there

Posts: 503 | Registered: January 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have seen that Palmetto Stare Armory is planning to do them, too. The quality Turkish and Pakistani guns have been good for the sub gun market.

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
quality Pakistani guns

That's not something you hear every day... Big Grin

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't pay that kind of money for something like that. There are many other makers that make a good clone for less. I would love to get a Coharie or Zenith.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 153 | Registered: June 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I won’t lie; If I had 3k to cover the total package cost I would buy one. I don’t want to buy a Turkish or Pakistani clone and I have had good experience with PTR so I’d give them my money.

My concern with PSA (given the rocky start to their AKa, AR-10s, and AR-9s) is that they will be the equivalent of a POF clone.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
I wouldn't pay that kind of money for something like that. There are many other makers that make a good clone for less. I would love to get a Coharie or Zenith.

ordered a Zenith for a friend a few months ago, thru Atlantic

great little pistol, excellent build quality
he is quite happy with it

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And it looks like the Palmetto State Armory PSA5will be late 2018.

https://www.outdoorhub.com/new...es-mp5-style-pistol/