SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 29 (Gen 3) with range report (pictures included)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 29 (Gen 3) with range report (pictures included) Login/Join 
Picture of 1lieutenant
posted
Just purchased a Glock 29. Glocks are not my favorite platform for a polymer striker fired gun but Steyr (my favorite) or Springfield Armory XD model 2 (my second favorite) just don't come in this flavor.

No modifications at this time. No 25 cent trigger job, Ghost connector or upgraded sights. All the stuff I usually do. Wanted to see how it works, as is. Took it out of the box, field strip, inspect and add a few drops of lube.

Off to the range. 180 gr ball ammo 1100 FPS Georgia-Arms. Not super hot stuff, but thought it would be good to test out a new platform. Dry fired a bunch. Kind of gritty on the uptake compared to my G26 which does have the 25 cent trigger job. My G26 has the Ghost 3.5 connector but does not feel that much different.

My G29 is the standard frame. Grip is large and I don't have big hands. The larger grip allowed me to get both of my hands firmly placed on the grip. To me a big plus. Recoil was stout but not at all unpleasant. Stock plastic sights worked pretty well although I may change them out. All in all, very pleased.

100 rounds. No failures at all. What I have experienced from both my Glocks.

First 10 rounds out of the box. 30 feet. About average for me. Shoot my Steyr S9-A1 a bit more accurately.

Steve

Posts: 996 | Location: Central CT | Registered: November 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice shooting. The 10mm is quite a powerful round in that package.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lieutenant:
Just purchased a Glock 29. Glocks are not my favorite platform for a polymer striker fired gun but Steyr (my favorite) or Springfield Armory XD model 2 (my second favorite) just don't come in this flavor.

Fear not. Springfield is developing a 10mm XDm.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/03/08/611722/

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lieutenant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by 1lieutenant:

Fear not. Springfield is developing a 10mm XDm.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/03/08/611722/

Too late.

Steve

Posts: 996 | Location: Central CT | Registered: November 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post