SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Got to shoot the New P210 Target
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Got to shoot the New P210 Target Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Well, looks like it's selling pretty well, from my GB observation. THE ATTIC had a whole bunch listed in the beginning, and they are down to the last one.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbacker_99:
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
Originally posted by gose:
It has 0 appeal to the tactical crowd and a fair number of those that appreciate the 210 are likely to be similar to me and rather buy Swiss.

I believe this to be a very perceptive comment, and I’d include many others besides the “tactical crowd ” for whom this gun would have no appeal. Yes, it’s a well-made and (presumably) very accurate gun, but what’s the market for that? I realize the same can be said about some rifles, but I believe that’s a different kettle of fish entirely. How many handgun shooters post their best groups on their refrigerators to impress their shooting buddies?

I wish SIG great success with the project, but I’ll also advise anyone who wants one of these guns to buy it as soon as it becomes available. I predict a short production life for it, and then it will become “collectable” in its own right.

I think you are missing the point. I don't think anyone at Sig believes there is a massive market for these single stack target pistols. But there is always demand for well built high end firearms. So why not fill that market?

I honestly do wonder how large the market is for high end single stack non-1911s in the US.

Time will tell Smile

Posts: 551 | Location: California | Registered: July 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by FishOn:
quote:
It's on GB, now. THE ATTIC.

Q, if you decide to buy one and sell your original target model, please keep me in mind.

(not holding my breath) Smile

Stop holding your breath. Big Grin

I just swapped Christmas for Halloween. Thanks so much Q Smile

Posts: 3248 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
Are the barrels on the new ones really 5"?

NRA Life

Posts: 1561 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rock185:

That's what the specs page says on SIG's website. It doesn't look it probably because of the long grip affecting our perception.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcs1564
posted Hide Post
quote:

Unless someone beats me to it, I'll let ya know when mine comes in... Smile

Well, I haven't pulled the trigger on one just yet. I'm on a list for another dealer who was selling on GB. I bought my most recent 226 from them and they offered to contact me when the next batch comes in.

------------
SP2022 - 9mm

Posts: 1260 | Location: CT | Registered: January 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
I knew you'd come through for usWink I'll be looking forward to your thoughts on the American model once you get you hands on it.

NRA Life

Posts: 1561 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcs1564
posted Hide Post
quote:
I knew you'd come through for usWink I'll be looking forward to your thoughts on the American model once you get you hands on it.

Yeah, I guess it didn't take that much of a push... Smile

With the exception of a few, I've gone all single-action and it'll be interesting to compare it against some others.

------------
SP2022 - 9mm

Posts: 1260 | Location: CT | Registered: January 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
I pulled the trigger...a few times...actually, more than a few times. Can't recall the German model but the new American version has a wicked nice trigger. Nicer than anything else around.

I want one!!

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't need another 210 but I want one too -probably wait for a super target. Price seems right for the Target. I'm also curious what Michael Zelaney's comments will be on the new American one, dudes pretty opinionated and his points tend to be sharp and accurate.

Posts: 1918 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
I can't recall. Was Zelaney the guy who was here many years ago and caused a lot of problems?

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Probably, he's pretty opinionated and sure of himself, especially as it relates to Swiss made Sig P210's. But he's also super sharp, very perspective and a great resource. I hate arguing with folks like that as it's difficult to win an argument. Not the least of which I'm usually in the wrong. LOL He seems like a pretty good dude all in all, but I've never met him.

Here's a preview of some of his stuff if you scroll down a few pages. https://www.scribd.com/documen...G-P210-Parts-Diagram

Posts: 1918 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
To Zeleny, if it's not Swiss made, it's crap. Serious. Just ask him what he thinks of the P210 Legend. LOL.

Q

Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
I can't recall. Was Zelaney the guy who was here many years ago and caused a lot of problems?

He (Zeleny) is a 'former' member.

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcs1564
posted Hide Post
quote:

Well it took a bit longer than I thought, but, one is now on the way.

------------
SP2022 - 9mm

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve 22X:
quote:
Originally posted by PD:

He (Zeleny) is a 'former' member.

He is still on the other SIG forum. I noticed one of his posts in the Gunsmithing section.

Cathy

Posts: 302 | Registered: August 10, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
To Zeleny, if it's not Swiss made, it's crap. Serious. Just ask him what he thinks of the P210 Legend. LOL.

Hes amenable to some German made guns, just not the SIG Sauer produced 210.

Posts: 551 | Location: California | Registered: July 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbacker_99:

I think you are missing the point. I don't think anyone at Sig believes there is a massive market for these single stack target pistols. But there is always demand for well built high end firearms. So why not fill that market?

SIG could be creating its own market if it were to offer an optional 4-pound trigger ... since the P210 Target (and other P210 variants) are on the CMP's approved list for Service Pistol Competition.

http://thecmp.org/wp-content/u...edServicePistols.pdf

Far better to compete with a competition-ready SIG pistol than worry about trying to tune a Beretta 92FS or 1911.

Posts: 15 | Registered: April 29, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I know its way too early for this suggestion, but:
P210 10mm
P210 .357 Sig.
P210 .38 Super.

Actually, a P210 built for 45 ACP would be the 1911-killer that NRA Precision Pistol needs ...

Posts: 15 | Registered: April 29, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Barrel is 4.75"...including the ramp it's 5" so the answer really is no.

Posts: 114 | Location: NJ | Registered: December 09, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post