SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Got to shoot the New P210 Target
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Got to shoot the New P210 Target Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mcs1564:
I'm almost tempted to join the beta testing team...

Please, you can do it. Be brave. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised and pleased to see the P210A actually become available to all of us out in TV Land. Not likely any LGS around me will ever have one in stock, not real big on SIGs around here. Hope they really are exceptional guns. Looks like the asking prices on GB are less than some of the Legion guns.

quote:
I'm almost tempted to join the beta testing team..

Mike, We really do need a beta tester around here for these much anticipated pistolsWink

NRA Life

Posts: 1563 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcs1564
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

Please, you can do it. Be brave. Big Grin

Thanks Q, I think... Smile

quote:
Originally posted by rock185:

Mike, We really do need a beta tester around here for these much anticipated pistols Wink

Et tu Allen?...lol.

Apples and oranges, but...I've been looking hard at commander style 1911's lately and may go that route. The DW Valkyrie has caught my attention, especially at the price some are currently listed for on GB.

------------
SP2022 - 9mm

Posts: 1260 | Location: CT | Registered: January 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
It's on GB, now. THE ATTIC.

Q, if you decide to buy one and sell your original target model, please keep me in mind.

(not holding my breath) Smile

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FishOn:
quote:

Q, if you decide to buy one and sell your original target model, please keep me in mind.

Stop holding your breath. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by FishOn:
quote:

Stop holding your breath. Big Grin

Email sent!

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’d be a beta tester for sure! The P210 Target I briefly tried last January was excellent! I am holding out for the promised Super Target.

Cathy

Posts: 302 | Registered: August 10, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know its way too early for this suggestion, but:
P210 10mm
P210 .357 Sig.
P210 .38 Super.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark71:
Just found this video about the new P210......

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YKbLKx_RcLo

Thanks for the link. It´s very interesting Information. This is not really a P210. This pistol is based on a SIG prototype pistol form the late 50´s. If you take your time and whatch the video closely you will notice the close relationship of this US Version with said prototype. Interesingly SIGArms fixed some illogical desing features of the original P210 pattern and abandoned the Petter patented features.

Posts: 3774 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
OTD,

I assume this the pistol you’re talking about?

http://www.forgottenweapons.co...d-wf-bern-p43-video/

I love your knowledge and look forward to your responses.

I’m really getting fired up for this gun and it may be my annual January bday gun considering reports stay positive. I know that it may technically not be a 210 but if it has the ergos, accuracy and trigger of the 210, that’s good enough. Big Grin

I should’ve never sold my Legend until it’s replacement in hand.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gibby29:
OTD,

Is this the pistol you’re talking about?

I’m really getting fired up for this gun and it may be my annual January bday gun considering reports stay positive. I know that it may technically not be a 210 but if it has the ergos, accuracy and trigger of the 210, that may be enough.

No, that pistol is a direct copy of the FN 1935 High-Power pistol. Waffenfabrik Bern was the maker. This Company was not related to SIG.
The prototype I mentioned was of less successful P210 concept study which led to the conclusion for radical design change of SIG pistols which led to the P220/P230 project.

I would not hesitate to buy one of These pistols if it´s available over here in EU and would ignore future comments about "accuracy", "Quality" or "Swiss vs German vs US make". In most cases it´s protectionism to justify the expense for a Swiss or German made P210. Wink Most of the bashers have not even noticed the technical differences between this and a vintage P210, so why should one take their opinion serious in the future?

Posts: 3774 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Has anyone seen any information about whether the older, P210 Legend grips will fit the new P210A American pistol?

Posts: 117 | Registered: January 04, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by akaSigFreak:
Rep said Retail $1600

That means the gotta-have-it-now crowd will drive it up to $2k or so. Eek

They dont seem to be selling for $1500, so interest seems lukewarm.
For that price, I'd rather add another $500-$1000 and buy a nice used Swiss one.
The "want it now" crowd is probably pretty small. It has 0 appeal to the tactical crowd and a fair number of those that appreciate the 210 are likely to be similar to me and rather buy Swiss.

Posts: 551 | Location: California | Registered: July 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
SIG Neuhausen never built more then 1500 - 2000 Commercial P210 pistols a year and I think this US Version is going to be a niche product as well.
I even would say it being a proof of performance concept to show that SIGArms USA is capable to build an improved version of a classic with similar attributs but to a lower cost.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gose:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by akaSigFreak:
Rep said Retail $1600

That means the gotta-have-it-now crowd will drive it up to $2k or so. Eek

They dont seem to be selling for $1500, so interest seems lukewarm.
For that price, I'd rather add another $500-$1000 and buy a nice used Swiss one.
The "want it now" crowd is probably pretty small. It has 0 appeal to the tactical crowd and a fair number of those that appreciate the 210 are likely to be similar to me and rather buy Swiss.

I believe many are waiting to see what it can do accuracy wise. At SHOT Tim Butler of Sig claimed that the new P210 was benchmarked to the original Swiss P210 as far as accuracy. If this turns to be true Sig will have some decent sales, as actual shooters flock to the American version.

Posts: 239 | Registered: April 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
It has 0 appeal to the tactical crowd and a fair number of those that appreciate the 210 are likely to be similar to me and rather buy Swiss.

I believe this to be a very perceptive comment, and I’d include many others besides the “tactical crowd ” for whom this gun would have no appeal. Yes, it’s a well-made and (presumably) very accurate gun, but what’s the market for that? I realize the same can be said about some rifles, but I believe that’s a different kettle of fish entirely. How many handgun shooters post their best groups on their refrigerators to impress their shooting buddies?

I wish SIG great success with the project, but I’ll also advise anyone who wants one of these guns to buy it as soon as it becomes available. I predict a short production life for it, and then it will become “collectable” in its own right.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47399 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
It has 0 appeal to the tactical crowd and a fair number of those that appreciate the 210 are likely to be similar to me and rather buy Swiss.

I believe this to be a very perceptive comment, and I’d include many others besides the “tactical crowd ” for whom this gun would have no appeal. Yes, it’s a well-made and (presumably) very accurate gun, but what’s the market for that? I realize the same can be said about some rifles, but I believe that’s a different kettle of fish entirely. How many handgun shooters post their best groups on their refrigerators to impress their shooting buddies?

I wish SIG great success with the project, but I’ll also advise anyone who wants one of these guns to buy it as soon as it becomes available. I predict a short production life for it, and then it will become “collectable” in its own right.

I think you are missing the point. I don't think anyone at Sig believes there is a massive market for these single stack target pistols. But there is always demand for well built high end firearms. So why not fill that market?

Posts: 239 | Registered: April 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
There'll be some reviews of US P210 production models soon. And hopefully some machine rest tests of US, German, and Swiss models.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8934 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
There may indeed be a market for high end firearms, but part of that market is always driven by scarcity. Even if a gun is in current production, a two-year backlog of orders automatically enhances desirability. The question is whether there is enough of a market for this particular pistol to make it profitable to manufacture and distribute. I’m not the one making the decisions (fortunately for us all), but I’ll stand by my prediction: This gun will see a limited run and only after it’s been discontinued will the collector interest appear that will drive up prices to a degree. SIG Sauer, however, won’t benefit from that demand.

But I hope I’m wrong. I want all firearms manufacturers to be successful because a strong industry helps benefits us all. I’m not going to bet the rent on it, though.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47399 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OTD:
quote:
Originally posted by gibby29:
OTD,

Is this the pistol you’re talking about?

I’m really getting fired up for this gun and it may be my annual January bday gun considering reports stay positive. I know that it may technically not be a 210 but if it has the ergos, accuracy and trigger of the 210, that may be enough.

No, that pistol is a direct copy of the FN 1935 High-Power pistol. Waffenfabrik Bern was the maker. This Company was not related to SIG.
The prototype I mentioned was of less successful P210 concept study which led to the conclusion for radical design change of SIG pistols which led to the P220/P230 project.

I would not hesitate to buy one of These pistols if it´s available over here in EU and would ignore future comments about "accuracy", "Quality" or "Swiss vs German vs US make". In most cases it´s protectionism to justify the expense for a Swiss or German made P210. Wink Most of the bashers have not even noticed the technical differences between this and a vintage P210, so why should one take their opinion serious in the future?

There’s two guns in that article and the second one is a Sig P44/8. That is the gun in question. It looks like a direct ancestor to the new 210. Is that the one you were alluding to?

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post