SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Got to shoot the New P210 Target
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Got to shoot the New P210 Target Login/Join 
Picture of akaSigFreak
posted
My local gun shop (Frogbones) was having the Grand Opening of the Sig Elite Store. I had the opportunity to fondle and shoot the new P210 Target and it was AMAZING! I was hesitant at first and thought there was no way the American version would compare to the Swiss or German versions. I understand there are some major design differences between them but I was still impressed. Fit and finish were incredible and the slide felt like it was on Teflon coated glass. The grips felt perfect in my huge paws and I couldn’t wait to shoot it. They usually only let people shoot 5 rounds to demo, but the Sig Rep was great and let me shoot more. I shot the first 5 rounds at 7 yards and I couldn’t believe how well I did. He looked at me
and smiled. He loaded up another 5 rounds and said “bet you can’t do that again”. I did. I have basically decided I don’t care what it takes but I need this in my collection NOW!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: akaSigFreak,

Posts: 1227 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: February 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Glad you enjoyed it! Sounds like a new American P210 is in my future.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1935 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
Your pictures:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MG34_Dan,

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2191 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of akaSigFreak
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting the pics- I'm experiencing technical difficulties.

Posts: 1227 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: February 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Did you ask them if they are gonna make them in rainbow? Lol.

Good shooting!

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Handsome pistol

Posts: 107588 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Once and Future SIG Shooter
Picture of Mike S
posted Hide Post
I definitely want one!

Posts: 4524 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Looks nice. SIG needs to bring this to the market, so the beta testers can have at it. Didn't someone on here say last month that a reliable source (a SIG rep) at some show told him that the P210 American was shipping "next week". Then, more recently, "It's shipping"? LOL.

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
I’ve been so worried about this pistol because of the design change and delay. I handled them at NRA in Nashville and Atlanta.

It’s nice to hear a positive first report.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Beautiful grips.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a great looking gun! Any word on the price?

Posts: 2183 | Registered: July 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of akaSigFreak
posted Hide Post
Rep said Retail $1600

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by akaSigFreak:
Rep said Retail $1600

That means the gotta-have-it-now crowd will drive it up to $2k or so. Eek

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
It'll cool down though, then the rest should be able to find them for $1500 or so.

I'm still not a fan of that 'tree trunk' profile to the stocks. I get why the wood is shaped as it is but it still ends up looking all too organically weird to me just as it does on the SIG 1911s that previously wore grips of similar shape and profile.

But it's good to see the gun creep closer to release. Just don't do a CZ and turn it into their version of the 715 or HK with their SP5K by limiting production. Anyone who has the money should be able to buy and receive one in a timely manner.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
7 yards tells us nothing about the accuracy of the gun...anyone have results at 25 and 50? Rod

5th Spl Forces, Air Force Bird Dog FAC, lll Corps RVN 69-70.... We enjoy the Bill of Rights by the sacrifices of our veterans;
Politicians, Preachers, Educators, Journalists and Community Organizers are beneficiaries, not defenders of our freedoms.

Posts: 727 | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of akaSigFreak
posted Hide Post
No one will have 25/50 yards results because it hasn’t shipped yet. Even when I get it I won’t be shooting that far. My blind ass can’t see that far so I doesn’t matter to me.

Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
Speaking of blind asses, is it bad that I wish it was RMR compatible?

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
This pistol was announced at SHOT 2016 & 2017. Hopefully SIG won't announce a not-yet-produced pistol for the third time at SHOT 2018.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8955 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
I'm with soggy_spinout on those grips, they seem to overpower the pistol. It appears they could cut about an inch off the bottom and it would balance out the whole look.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1311 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dc54:
Speaking of blind asses, is it bad that I wish it was RMR compatible?

Speaking as someone with middle-aged eyes, I'd say it's not bad at all.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post