SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Flat trigger for p226 like the legion?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Flat trigger for p226 like the legion? Login/Join 
posted
Ive been looking for a flat faces trigger like on the 226 legion for my standard 226 but I can't seem to find one anywhere. The Greyguns P-SAIT I can get but it's got a standard face trigger.

anyone know where I can get the flat faced trigger for my p226?

Posts: 140 | Location: NW Kansas | Registered: May 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
You might want to get a hold of this guy, who has been working on the flat trigger for the P-series SIGs.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is that for just the trigger? Ill definitely contact him.

I mean I guess I don't see why the legion trigger wouldn't just drop in...or why its not available anywhere.

Posts: 140 | Location: NW Kansas | Registered: May 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Flat trigger is the SAO model. Will not interchange with DA/SA model triggers. I am also, at least in theory, interested in this idea (flat da/sa trigger).

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I would try one.
I am curious, though, what that little projection at the top of the trigger is.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
yeah I dont know. I may just get a P SAIT and deal with the fact that its not flat. The stock trigger is just a tad too far for me to get a good finger on it in DA mode. I mean id love the whole perfect action kit but Im not paying 325 for it....

posted Hide Post
OP, have you thought about having the stock trigger modified? For example, a slight amount of material removed from the face of the trigger.

Posts: 826 | Location: CA | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No I havent..didnt even consider the possibility

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by loki993:
yeah I dont know. I may just get a P SAIT and deal with the fact that its not flat. The stock trigger is just a tad too far for me to get a good finger on it in DA mode. I mean id love the whole perfect action kit but Im not paying 325 for it....

If you think the stock trigger is "too far" for you, then I think you will be disappointed with the P-SAIT/P-SPIT. It will serve you better to get the skinny/short trigger that is so ubiquitous on SIG pistols these days, if you want any meaningful reach reduction. But, be forewarned, if you don't know already, that the short trigger has its issue, too. A lot of shooters experience sore shooting finger with it.

Btw, I don't know anything about the guy making the flat trigger in the video. Just found his posting elsewhere, that's all.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
I would try one.

Best I can tell, it appears to be an over travel adjustment screw. Looks like a competition/range oriented setup to me.

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of akaSigFreak
posted Hide Post
He just released the first batch of the final product and they were already sold out by pre-sales. I'm on the list for one from the next batch.

https://www.armorycraft.com/

Posts: 1227 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: February 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfe 21:
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
I would try one.

Best I can tell, it appears to be an over travel adjustment screw. Looks like a competition/range oriented setup to me.

The overtravel adjustment screw extends through the middle of the trigger to the rear. It’s very clear in the photos on the web site, and that’s not what I’m referring to.

There is a very distinct small right angle projection at the top of the trigger that almost seems as if it’s so that the shooter’s finger doesn’t move up too far on the face and contact the frame. If that’s its intention, though, I wonder why it’s not larger.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am wondering if it is not a boss for the pre travel adjustment screw. Pics on the site have a more from the front angle and it looks like a screw is in there as well as the trigger being more vertical than in above pic. Just a guess though. Resolution is crap on my cell phone screen.

On a side noten has anyone contacted this guy to see if maybe he would be interested in coming to the forum to explain/sell his product?