SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig m11a1 lite primer strikes
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig m11a1 lite primer strikes Login/Join 
posted
I have a sig m11a1 that I sent back for the enhancement package. I use a combination of federal xm 882 and 124 go Winchester 4318 ammo to practice with. I seem to be having some lite primer strikes and a thus a failure to fire. The all go off with the second tap. Could something in the
Aep package cause this. I don’t remember an issue with fed hst ammo. I cleaned the firing pin channel as best I could but I am curious as what the experts think

This message has been edited. Last edited by: blueinterceptor,

Posts: 532 | Registered: July 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
I don't think so. Some lots of the 124 Grain NATO gave me light strikes with a P228 that I've since sold. Only ever occurred with that platform.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by blueinterceptor:
I have a sig m11 . . .
If you're not working for the military, with an issued DoD pistol, you do NOT have an M11. You might have a SIG P229 that has been labeled/marketed as an M11-A1. Even SIG-Sauer acknowledges that reality on their website. Wink

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes it’s an m11a1.

Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Call SIG, tell them their AEP screwed up your gun, and get a shipping label. They own it until it's fixed, simple as that.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6211 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It’s on its way back. Their dime.

posted Hide Post
Got her back Fired 100 flawless rounds through her. Three types of ammo.
Changed the hammer strut and main spring too

posted Hide Post
blue interceptor - might you be a law enforcement
trooper from the MSP????

Good to see that Sig took care of the problem.

Posts: 248 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: November 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Retired le yes. Msp no

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DMF:
quote:
Originally posted by blueinterceptor:
I have a sig m11 . . .
If you're not working for the military, with an issued DoD pistol, you do NOT have an M11. You might have a SIG P229 that has been labeled/marketed as an M11-A1. Even SIG-Sauer acknowledges that reality on their website. Wink

Can't a man call his gun what Sig stamped on the slide? I have a Sig 220 Scorpion, but it really isn't a real live scorpion... It does get the point across, and you can figure out what we're talking about.

Posts: 465 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post