SIGforum
Sig m11a1 lite primer strikes

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/9950036734

February 11, 2018, 09:31 PM
blueinterceptor
Sig m11a1 lite primer strikes
I have a sig m11a1 that I sent back for the enhancement package. I use a combination of federal xm 882 and 124 go Winchester 4318 ammo to practice with. I seem to be having some lite primer strikes and a thus a failure to fire. The all go off with the second tap. Could something in the
Aep package cause this. I don’t remember an issue with fed hst ammo. I cleaned the firing pin channel as best I could but I am curious as what the experts think

This message has been edited. Last edited by: blueinterceptor,
February 11, 2018, 09:40 PM
Rob Decker
I don't think so. Some lots of the 124 Grain NATO gave me light strikes with a P228 that I've since sold. Only ever occurred with that platform.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.
February 12, 2018, 12:18 AM
DMF
quote:
Originally posted by blueinterceptor:
I have a sig m11 . . .
If you're not working for the military, with an issued DoD pistol, you do NOT have an M11. You might have a SIG P229 that has been labeled/marketed as an M11-A1. Even SIG-Sauer acknowledges that reality on their website. Wink

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman
February 12, 2018, 08:16 AM
blueinterceptor
Yes it’s an m11a1.
February 12, 2018, 10:41 AM
stoic-one
Call SIG, tell them their AEP screwed up your gun, and get a shipping label. They own it until it's fixed, simple as that.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/
February 12, 2018, 02:58 PM
blueinterceptor
It’s on its way back. Their dime.
February 28, 2018, 03:21 PM
blueinterceptor
Got her back Fired 100 flawless rounds through her. Three types of ammo.
Changed the hammer strut and main spring too
February 28, 2018, 06:55 PM
Michael J. Shannon
blue interceptor - might you be a law enforcement
trooper from the MSP????

Good to see that Sig took care of the problem.
February 28, 2018, 08:15 PM
blueinterceptor
Retired le yes. Msp no
March 01, 2018, 05:33 AM
JDG
quote:
Originally posted by DMF:
quote:
Originally posted by blueinterceptor:
I have a sig m11 . . .
If you're not working for the military, with an issued DoD pistol, you do NOT have an M11. You might have a SIG P229 that has been labeled/marketed as an M11-A1. Even SIG-Sauer acknowledges that reality on their website. Wink

Can't a man call his gun what Sig stamped on the slide? I have a Sig 220 Scorpion, but it really isn't a real live scorpion... It does get the point across, and you can figure out what we're talking about.