SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P232 Stainless 9mm Kurz (380 acp?)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P232 Stainless 9mm Kurz (380 acp?) Login/Join 
posted
Was browsing my local Cabela's, Gun Library department, today and they have a stainless P232 in 9mm Kurz (380 acp?) for sale. Looked new unused from a casual peek. I didn't know it was an out of production pistol so I didn't ask them to take it out for a touch and feel inspection. After doing a little interweb research; seems to be a little (rare?) They're calling it a 380 acp, but looks like it should be listed as 9mm Kurz. Priced at $600-$50 coupon. Wondering if I should run back and buy it... Any thoughts or opinions appreciated.

Posts: 60 | Registered: January 01, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For a NIB stainless P232, $600-50($550), I would buy it. Especially if it came with 2 or more mags.

Posts: 270 | Location: Iowa | Registered: April 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Udo
posted Hide Post
If you have plump hands , keep a pack of band-aids. They have been known to bite.

Posts: 1762 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: January 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Nice little guns but dependent upon how big your hands are slide bite can be pretty wicked.
I bought one for myself when I graduated college it was the full stainless model and got it for $450.
I sold it a few years later because .380 was almost impossible to find and slide bite was pretty bad for me.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone. All this information is a great help! I think I'll hold off since the price doesn't sound that good and the "slide bite" problem concerns me... Sig Forum is great!!!

posted Hide Post
debwb...

I've got size 10-1/2 to 11 hands and my stainless "P232 SL" with Hogue rubber stocks does not present a slide bite problem for my hands at all.

I would physically check out the stainless P232 that your interested in before you decide to write it off. You may be pleasantly surprises as to how it feels in your hands.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Beachcomber,

Posts: 18 | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
A stainless steel P232 at that price doesn't sound out of line to me assuming the condition is VG. If you like it, buy it. You may not run into very many of these.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a ss P232 a couple years ago, mostly because I really like the 'classic' looks / aesthetics of that weapon.

What they are asking may be top dollar, but if it calls to you and you plan on holding on to it for a while, then you should strongly consider getting it.

If you get it and it's not all that you thought it would be, you can always sell it, and the $ loss if any, would probably be marginal.

Rob

P.S. - My gun nut friends do not come to me asking to be talked out of a gun purchase!

Posts: 3475 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
Wendy carries the older model P230, she loves it. Even did a FrontSight pistol combat course with it plus she's left handed. Very nice solid gun. Chris

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmmmm; now I'm thinking about going back to take a closer look after reading some positive comments.

Picture of Udo
posted Hide Post
Hoge's fixed the bite for me also.

Posts: 1762 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: January 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire for effect
posted Hide Post
I have both the P230 and P232. They are both a joy to shoot. I've never had slide bite from either. I carried the P230 for over a decade, before I decided to up-gun.

"Ride to the sound of the big guns."

Posts: 7210 | Location: South Georgia | Registered: May 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jwk226
posted Hide Post
Personally, I would pick one up for that price. A good blued-version 232 is around $500. I like the feel of a stainless and they have good eye appeal to me.

Posts: 63 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: February 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Yes, 9mm Kurz "Short" in German since it's a 9X17 mm round instead of 9x19 mm round is just another name for .380 ACP

You'll see the same thing with .32 ACP which is sometimes designated as "7.65 mm Browning" or "7,65".

Posts: 33768 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Heiduke
posted Hide Post
I bought a blued model NIB years ago and loved it. Shot great, ate whatever I fed it, and carried like a dream. And then, because there is usually an 'and then', I traded it to a friend who still reminds me how well it shoots. About a year later, I replaced it with what should have been an identical 232 that ended up being the pickiest, jammomatic I've ever owned. I have been .380 free since 2009 and intend to remain as such.
The p232 is a classy, sexy gun, but might be a total PITA.

"We should bring back dueling, it would improve manners."
-Ed Abbey

Posts: 794 | Location: In the woods | Registered: April 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I don't know man I
just got here myself
Picture of mrw
posted Hide Post
I placed first in an IDPA bug match last year with my P232. Beat all the baby Glocks and such. Dead accurate gun and a joy to shoot.

mrw

Hand Made Custom Knives
www.sandownforge.com

Posts: 1737 | Location: Gulf Coast Florida | Registered: June 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The P232 is one of my favorite pistols I own. It's fun to shoot, reliable and very accurate. I think that's a decent price since they are no longer being made.

Posts: 21 | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
My P232 with hogue grips is my daily carry under a suit jacket. It's the one pistol I'll never sell.

Accurate and sexy as hell. I'd love to own one in stainless.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GaryBF:
A stainless steel P232 at that price doesn't sound out of line to me assuming the condition is VG...

I agree. However, mine drew back a bloody nub by the time I went through a box. I tried different grips and holds, but the slide bit the heck out of me. Had to sell a fine 232 SL.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I found a retired local police officers 25 yr old stainless west german p230 at my LGS a few years back and replaced the hogue rubber grips with Checkered G10s and I will never sell it. Rotates with my P225 and a P290 for my edc. Prettiest Sig ever. No issues with slide bite at all and yes it is very reliable and accurate. One of the best point and shoot pistols.

Posts: 263 | Registered: January 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post