SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Preferred red dot optic for P365 (non XL)?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Preferred red dot optic for P365 (non XL)? Login/Join 
posted
I have a two tone stainless P365 and the more I play with an optic on one of my other handguns the more I like the idea of having my slide milled and adding a red dot to my P365.

Is the obvious choice the Romeo zero (the reviews on the sig website are actually pretty bad, I had thought it was more respected than that?). I don't want to spend a ton of money (the price of a whole other gun) on something like the RMR. I have an ADE advanced optics RD3-013 that I added on my SR22 to play around with and it seems to be a better site than the $120 price, but I am not sure I want something that cheap on the P365.

Is there something just a little bit better than is in the Romeo Zero price point, or is the Romeo kind of the "go to" site for the p365?

Thanks!

Posts: 12 | Location: Calif | Registered: May 07, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
While rifle size RDS have gotten pretty good while getting cheap, I don't think that has translated into Micro Pistol size RDS as of yet.

Its pretty much dumpster dive and hope for the best or just suck up the $400 it costs for a RMR.

SIG does have like an infinite warranty, so you could always try the Zero and make them make it right...?

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wait for the Holosun 507K/407K. Should be here "soon."

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:

I keep hearing this. Is there reason to believe it will be RMR-level reliable?

I hope so as the carry-optics world really needs a robust and reliable micro RDS.

Posts: 462 | Location: Illinois | Registered: June 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I now have about 400 rounds through my p365xl with romeo 0, It has been flawless so far.

It fits the gun well. I have a holosun, and a fastfire to compare it to on other guns. It is smaller, lighter and clearer.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:

It fits the gun well. I have a holosun, and a fastfire to compare it to on other guns. It is smaller, lighter and clearer.

This is a great point, it looks like the Romeo fits so well on the p365, almost like it was made for it (tic). Which seems to make it the best choice, but the ratings being so poor, It just makes me wonder.

Posts: 12 | Location: Calif | Registered: May 07, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
I've had two so far. One was a 3MOA and the other 6MOA. I could never get either to mount flush on the slide. Using the provided clear plate, there was a gap at the rear. No matter how much I torqued the screws down, there was movement at the front of the optic. This was on two P365XL's with both optics.

Now, would that cause a shift in zero? No idear, but it didn't sit well with me. I did put over 500 rounds through my XL with them and never lost zero once. I can't think for a second a manipulation off a hard surface would last. Too much flex.

Sold both and have 2 Holosun 407k's on order. Sage Dynamics is currently reviewing one on his Glock 48 now. No doubt he will beat the hell out of it.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kinda surprised at the apparent lack of love (maybe respect) for the Romeo Zero.

I have about 300 rounds, (actually just a bit less) through my XL with the RZ and it hasn't missed anything, has held its zero and I like it a lot (though I am considering selling it as I really love my little G42 and the Regular P365 w/Trijicons for carry.

I like the XL with the RZ, just think it's a bit large for AIWB, at least for me.

Bob

This message has been edited. Last edited by: straightshooter1,

Posts: 1575 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
Another contender in the lil dot game.
https://www.swampfoxoptics.com/sentinel

Posts: 1477 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimmo952:

I hope so as the carry-optics world really needs a robust and reliable micro RDS.

I don't see why it wouldn't. The 507c/508c is almost as tough as the RMR and the 507k still has an aluminum body and a glass lens. Everything else at this level is made of plastic.

Posts: 4157 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

When I do a search, dealers show these as for sale. Are these just backorders people are taking or are they really available?

Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 997.1S:
quote:

When I do a search, dealers show these as for sale. Are these just backorders people are taking or are they really available?

Backorders.

As far as I know, no one has them in stock yet. There are a few floating around to the guys that do reviews and such, but nothing to public yet.

Kenzie's Optics has pushed shipping back 3 times now. The latest email said end of July. We will see though.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have ordered and paid for a Holosun 507K. It has a choice of three reticles, real glass and an aluminum body, a side mounted battery tray and an estimated 30,000 hours of run time. Delivery is expected on or about 7/1.

Bill

Posts: 137 | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimmo952:
quote:

I talked to Aaron Cowan in person a few weeks back at a class and he said it was chugging right along. He has since posted to Instagram that it is over 1600 rounds with no issues. I would expect you'll see a video on it soon. I sell a fair amount of Holosun and have no idea when they will be available.

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post