SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Anyone with a 320 V-tac?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone with a 320 V-tac? Login/Join 
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted
What are your impressions? How does it compare to a regular full-size 320?

I've only handled the X- grip frame once and never got a chance to shoot it, so I'm curious what you think the difference is.

Worth the $300ish premium over a regular full size?

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
I'm also curious.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Much better trigger. My example has a better trigger than my P320 X5.

12/30/2018
Sig Flat Std
At Tip
Avg of 10
Trigger Pull
3lb 14.4oz

12/30/2018
Sig Flat Std
In Center
Avg of 10
Trigger Pull
4lb 13.3oz

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4266 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I’m not a fan of the 320, so take my comments with that in mind.

The VTAC seems to be a bad deal IMO. If I understand it right, the advantages it has are the X five trigger and the x five grip.

GGI has a better trigger than the xfive trigger.

It seems to me that a normal 320 with the addition of GGI trigger and an x five frame would be about the same money and be a better gun.

You avoid the weird vtac sights and the slide lightening cuts that will only serve to let debris into your gun.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
It raises a question, how is the VTAC different. Is the firecontrol a standard P320 firecontrol, except for the trigger? Is it just a flat trigger but the rest of the trigger parts are the same?

Are the slide and barrel any different than a standard P320 with the exception of the cosmetics of the slide, the cuts, the serrations, etc? It is a better barrel?

The grip module is different, but you can get one of those and replace your P320 grip module with it. The same question goes for the X-Five.

Since the guns are modular, are the modules any different so as to make the gun different. Bruce Gray says the X-Five is a competition gun and that shooters shoot is and understand. So, there must be some differences.

Then perhaps the VTAC is no really in the X-Five category. I don't know.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
From another thread.

"The P320X5 was designed for competitive shooting, and it is invariably most positively assessed and compared to other pistols by those with the interest and skill to know what it is capable of.
In the hands of top shooters like Sgt. Patrick Franks or Max Michel the P320X5 has outcompeted both polymer and metal-framed Production and Carry Optics guns. Sgt. Franks has fired a number of new NRA AP/Production record scores which exceed Metallic scores fired by the best shooters on Earth with the finest 1911’s made. This gun exceeds the high expectations we placed in it when Ron signed off on the concept in 2014.

Yeah, but it feels “plasticky” and SIG calls it an X5. Fair enough. For pride of ownership, nothing beats a temperamental, extremely expensive German pistol which isn’t suited to our sports. Fact is, practically speaking these things shoot just about as well as the typical Master Shop gun, and they run. For $129 and 20 minutes following Alma’s video, you can have a better trigger than is available on any other pistol of it’s type.

People who shoot, they get it.

-Bruce"

Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
As I understand it, the V-tac is a standard 320 action with the flat trigger (same as the X5). It has a target crown barrel (don't know if it's the same barrel as the X5), the cosmetic slide work and the X grip frame.

It's more or less the X5 just with less competition oriented doodads and some different milling, it seems.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
My VTac has a better Trigger than my standard 320. I’ve added the GGI Trigger to both and both we’re improved. The VTac is still much better. The same can be said of my XCarry. Better Trigger and I like the ergonomics of the Xframe. Enough so that I put one on my standard 320. The sights on the VTac didn’t work for me. Using my standard sight picture (top of the sights,or top dots), it shot about 6 inches low at 25 yards. If I used the lower dots it was closer but still a bit low. I replaced them with Ameriglo and all’s good. I still shoot my XCarry the best, but the VTac is close. Hope this helps.

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post