SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I need a line on some M3 x 12 mm screws.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I need a line on some M3 x 12 mm screws. Login/Join 
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted
Trying to get an RMSc to work on a P365XL. Anybody got suggestions.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
as above. mcmaster and order all you need in whatever config you need. and will be at your doorstep in a day.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10974 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
McMaster-Carr is awesome for stuff like this. Only problem is you usually have to buy in lot sizes much bigger than you need if you only need a few.

Local ACE hardware had the little set screws that retain the rear detent spring on some AR lowers, after I "misplaced" one. In stainless no less.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In my neck of the woods, the price for a few at Ace has exceeded the price of a box of 50 from mcmaster in just about every case. So if price rather than actually having asap is your issue. check...

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10974 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
In my neck of the woods, the price for a few at Ace has exceeded the price of a box of 50 from mcmaster in just about every case. So if price rather than actually having asap is your issue. check...

I discovered this when I rebuilt an FJ-40, and needed some replacement metric nuts and bolts. A bag or box from McMaster is very little more than 2 or 3 pieces from the local hardware store. So I started buying all different sizes that way. Sure, you have some left over. Now that the FJ is sold, I have 5 large compartmented boxes of all sizes of metric nuts and bolts, from M3 to M12. I have many more of them on hand than I do SAE stuff, so when I need a nut/bolt for a repair job or something new I'm making, I take it out of my metric stash. Of course, the FJ-40 project was a good excuse for acquiring several toolbox drawers full of metric tools, too. Smile

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Lowes and Home Depot don't really carry what you'd hope to find.

Ace is the place for the helpful hardware (nongender specific humanoid type like person(s)).

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Failing to prepare is
preparing to fail.
Picture of SigLaw
posted Hide Post
http://rtlfasteners.com/

Posts: 1355 | Location: Gilbert, AZ | Registered: November 08, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I mounted an RMSc to my P365XL using the FullerKreg M3 x 8mm button head socket cap screws from Amazon. I had to buy a bag of 100, but it was still only $7 with free Prime shipping. I’m pretty sure that’s the size you’ll need, and I haven’t had any problems so far, but you can also order x 10mm, or x 12mm like you asked, for about the same price from the link below.

https://www.amazon.com/FullerK...Finish/dp/B07B8FBT46

Posts: 29 | Registered: September 09, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Amazon, laptop screws. or search on the size you need

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post