SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What is the forum preferred MOS mounting plate?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is the forum preferred MOS mounting plate? Login/Join 
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Disregard. I see it now

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
This video just premiered FYI

https://youtu.be/EuhKNMbPm98

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3209 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm adding this after a bit of 'situation' tonight. I put an aftermarket plate (CH) on a MOS 45. I needed to remove the optic. I use locktite blue on all these screws and torque to the trijicon recommended value using a very high quality driver. So the supplied allen broke, an alternative drive stripped the screw even after serious heat. And ultimately I had to drill it out. That has never ever been an issue on the glock MOS trijicon screws. Worse since I really didn't like the state of the screw posts after removing the screws (probably ok but I was mad) I tried to remove the plate. Same issue. Now it completely possible that I got some bad screws. But more likely they didn't source decent stuff. In any case that's it for me on the CH plates.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post