SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What is the forum preferred MOS mounting plate?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is the forum preferred MOS mounting plate? Login/Join 
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted
The one that has the proper length screws for the MOS guns?

Edited- what is a preferred mounting plate for MOS Glocks for the RMR?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jljones,

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Trijicon is AC32064, this is for the sealing plate and short screws.

AC32099 is for the adapter plate alone.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1930 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tarheelbball
posted Hide Post
I was looking into these, http://www.battlewerx.com/repl...ck-mos-trijicon-rmr/ but ended up with a plate from chpws.com

Posts: 514 | Registered: August 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
jljones if you only need the screws and can wait till the po can deliver cross country I can send you some.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
jljones if you only need the screws and can wait till the po can deliver cross country I can send you some.

I appreciate it, man. I’m actually just looking to stock up on extras to go with my spare parts stash.

www.opspectraining.com

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Edited for mounting plate question now.

www.opspectraining.com

The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1626 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phred:
Forward Controls Design
https://www.forwardcontrolsdes...OPF-G-RMR_p_224.html

Second this I have two one on a 19 one on a 17 no issues.

Posts: 303 | Location: Surprise,Az | Registered: March 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phred:
Forward Controls Design
https://www.forwardcontrolsdes...OPF-G-RMR_p_224.html

Looks nice. Great how it fills in the gaps at the front and rear of the optic. But it's also a tad spendy, at least to me.

-MG

Posts: 1979 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
C&H or Forward Controls Design. I've used C&H on a number of guns, including Glock MOS. They make great stuff. Forward Controls Design receives unanimously good reviews.

Posts: 5161 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have never had an issue with the stock Glock one but have also used the C&H one without any specific issues or advantages of note.

I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Here's two that I've seen impress:

Posts: 4157 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
I have flirted with the idea of getting a chpws for my G19 MOS for my holosun. I'm not sure if it will any better than the Glock MOS plate that I am currently running. I do not know of what advantage(s) it will bring, especially due to the price.

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would choose the C&H plate based on the recommendation of Steve Fisher, Jedi and several others.

Posts: 1173 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BennerP220:
I have flirted with the idea of getting a chpws for my G19 MOS for my holosun. I'm not sure if it will any better than the Glock MOS plate that I am currently running. I do not know of what advantage(s) it will bring, especially due to the price.

It fits substantially better, places the optic lower, provides better optic to plate fit (taking stress off the screws), has replaceable threaded T nuts, and is milled instead of cast, so it won't snap like many MOS plates eventually do.

Posts: 5161 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is not a knock on the CHPWS plate. I have several and have no issues with them. Mine are not the current V4 so I don't think you can buy what I have anymore. But compared to the std. MOS plate the optic location change is not material, the replaceable nuts mean nothing, who the heck wears out these threads? and I have never seen a mounted MOS plate snap in my tens of thousands of rounds and by observation probably hundreds of thousands of rounds by MOS glocks at matches. It is better in how it supports the optic if that matters to you...

Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. Sorry Jones, I didn’t mean to hijack your thread.

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The benefit of the T nuts is not "wearing out" a thread, it's being able to deal with a cross-threading if one occurs. I have not done it on a pistol dot, but I have seen it on an Aimpoint and a couple clones. It's uncommon, but it sucks.

I have seen the MOS plates break. If your optic goes on the plate and the plate goes on the gun and does not get tweaked up on one end, it will probably serve a good life. If not, it will likely eventually snap. The cast plates are very brittle and will not withstand repeated stress like that.

posted Hide Post
I wasn’t precise. I have seen Glock plates break when the moron who put it on the gun didn’t use the correct length screws. I have never seen a properly installed one break.

posted Hide Post
I have a CHPWS plate and it seems solid and includes all the proper screws.

Posts: 5416 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post