SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Trigger part lubrication
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trigger part lubrication Login/Join 
Grab SKS,
go innawoods
Picture of mrmoneybags
posted
Hey boys,

I have a new HK45C, and after the first range session, I detail stripped it, cleaned it up, applied light EP moly grease to everything that moves, and reassembled. The DA trigger pull got a little gritty.

I know we have a lot of Sig trigger experts here, so what say you: how should I lubricate the trigger parts? Hammer, sear, trigger bar, etc. Grease? Oil? CLP? Nothing?

Posts: 1913 | Location: 42003 | Registered: November 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
I use a light coating of grease anywhere two surfaces will be rubbing against each other (except firing pin and channel) and a oily cloth to wipe down exterior surfaces. If I have cleaned the firing pin/ channel, I'll apply a light coating of oil then wipe it off so only a very thin film remains.

SIG used to say to lube with oil in the armorer's class. After a short period of time, the oil will migrate and leave parts dry. That's why I lube all my pistols as indicated above.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I typically see grease from the factory, and not the protective sticky stuff, actual lube grease. So I try to use grease, but usually can't access everything easily. So I'm content with a drop of oil, working it in, and dabbing away any excess.

But you are talking about an HK, which aren't known for great triggers.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grab SKS,
go innawoods
Picture of mrmoneybags
posted Hide Post
Ended up detail stripping it, wiping everything clean, then giving it all a super thin coat of Lithium grease. Nice & smooth now. Thanks boys.

Posts: 1913 | Location: 42003 | Registered: November 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post