SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    So I picked up Battlefield 1 and the very first thing I noticed were the night sights on the Broomhandle......
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So I picked up Battlefield 1 and the very first thing I noticed were the night sights on the Broomhandle...... Login/Join 
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted
So I start playing Battlefield 1 and the very first moments saw me with a Broomhandle Mauser and my eye is immediately drawn to the Tritium night sights. WTF says I. Pretty sure tritium/radioactive isotopes were not even heard of.

Off to the Google and some other places.

Well color me shocked. While I am sure it wasn't in any way common it was known that some WW1 era weapons as well as clocks and such were painted with radium paint to allow for a glow.

That there is OG tactical and a fun little footnote in history.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
How comforting. If you didn't somehow shoot yourself because you were a relative newbie to all this war stuff and inexperienced at handling firearms, or get shot or blown up or gassed by the blasted enemy, the radiation coming from your own gun sights will ultimately get you in few years anyways.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Ehhh Spanish Flu probably has your name on it so what the hell live large.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Read here about the female workers who painted luminous watch dials. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radium_Girls

Posts: 27957 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Oh crap, I also forgot about dysentery. Good thing it's only a game. Wink

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post