SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I am seriously considering an STI H.O.S.T. Edit: decide on a staccato-P Duo..will see how it goes!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I am seriously considering an STI H.O.S.T. Edit: decide on a staccato-P Duo..will see how it goes! Login/Join 
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted
As the title says, I am seriously considering a STI host in 9mm

It is a double stack 2011 that is already optics ready for a RDS and has a threaded barrel(already owns 9mm can)

I have had one STI 2011 before(a costa I took in trade) and it was a great shooting gun...

I have pretty much transitioned completely to RDS on my guns

My hesitation is the price. If anyone has any experience with them I would appreciate if you would share your story

Thank you

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kevbo,

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe the HOST system is out of date and DUO is the new optics system. STI has changed a lot in the last year and a half. There is a thread or two on the new guns here recently.

I happened into a Tactical HOST 4" at a very fair price earlier this year ($1250) and am so impressed with it, I find myself considering a DVC-P.

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I decided on a staccato-- duo. Hopefully I will have it by next weekend!

Bob, I saw your gun, it’s great, but irs outside the scope of what I’m looking for. I’m trying to get an optics ready gun that can be a suppressor H.O.S.T. or carry/defense option with a light

That’s interesting about the mounting system....do you know what has changed? I spoke to a dealer about a Staccatto but there were two things that turned me off. It’s a bull barrel, not a traditional bushing system, and because of that there is no threaded barrel option now or planned. It looked like the same was true for the DVC guns which, new, are way out of my range. That was what led me to old stock and the host

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Congrats. Let me know who you use for the barrel. I never thought about suppressing my Staccato P but now you've got me thinking.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post