SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    **GRAPHIC** This really make me rethink AIWB with a striker gun
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

**GRAPHIC** This really make me rethink AIWB with a striker gun Login/Join 
Picture of ruger357
posted

Supposedly an experienced instructor. Clothes got caught in the trigger guard.
https://imgur.com/a/gkucKPA

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Skeptic
Picture of Mike the Texan
posted Hide Post
That sucks. I'll say that because of the gore I'm thankful your image is broken.

Reholstering (assuming that's what caused this) is a risky task with IWB carry. Making sure nothing is in the trigger guard is paramount to safety. If you stop AIWB, what method will you go to?

Posts: 220 | Location: Near a white sand beach. | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike the Texan:
That sucks. I'll say that because of the gore I'm thankful your image is broken.

Reholstering (assuming that's what caused this) is a risky task with IWB carry. Making sure nothing is in the trigger guard is paramount to safety. If you stop AIWB, what method will you go to?

I’ll probably AIWB a hammer gun. Also been kicking around going back to OWB with a g19.

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
No image showing.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of the reasons I like hammer guns (H&K). Besides the fact I prefer H&K's to the other polymer offerings. The only striker fired gun I currently have is a P365. Now this is just my opinion except for the H&K's being better than Glocks. That's gospel.

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________

Posts: 1731 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Skeptic
Picture of Mike the Texan
posted Hide Post
Have you considered a striker control device for the Glock?

Posts: 220 | Location: Near a white sand beach. | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
No image or not, these days I wince at the term "experienced instructor" more than AIWB. That is one instance, where I'd venture to say that as popular as AIWB is that it is used by thousands of people daily.

"Experienced Instructor" is a meaningless term to me that equals "someone who has been fooling people out of the money for a while now".

I say that as someone who sees an industry busting at the seams with a lot of very poor quality product.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37083 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Folks get too comfortable. They become complacent. That's when shit happens. As simple as that. Not the tool's fault.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike the Texan:
Have you considered a striker control device for the Glock?

I’ve handled them. I don’t like fooling around with the internals and design of a gun.

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer

Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
No image or not, these days I wince at the term "experienced instructor" more than AIWB. That is one instance, where I'd venture to say that as popular as AIWB is that it is used by thousands of people daily.

"Experienced Instructor" is a meaningless term to me that equals "someone who has been fooling people out of the money for a while now".

I say that as someone who sees an industry busting at the seams with a lot of very poor quality product.

Agree with everything you said.

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer

Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Folks get too comfortable. They become complacent. That's when shit happens. As simple as that. Not the tool's fault.

Yep. Hopefully this will be a reminder. That guy was lucky.

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer

Picture of Amurr
posted Hide Post
What do you prefer for AIWB (I know both are inherently as safe and it is a training issue)

DA/SA
Or SAO?

Posts: 2628 | Location: On the shore of Lake Lanier | Registered: November 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:

"Experienced Instructor" is a meaningless term to me that equals "being the only one professional enough in this room to handle this Glo-"*BANG*

FIFY
Big Grin

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:

Another meaningless term nowadays is “gunsmith”.

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Please mark such threads as graphic. Some people don't want to see this stuff. Please think before you post.

Posts: 107259 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
You point a loaded gun at yourself and you might shoot yourself. Its a potential outcome with a risk associated it.

If you do it a lot, the odds of you shooting yourself increase. Is it guaranteed to happen?

No, but if you never point a loaded gun at yourself, you'll never shoot yourself.

That, I can guarantee.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I AIWB with my Glock 43X in a Raven Vanguard 2.

I never reholster with the holster on my belt. I always remove the holster from my belt, clip it to the gun then holster the whole thing.

Winter is here, on duty my winter jacket has strings that I removed from the gun side. I still look at my holster when I reholster my duty gun.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In one respect , he's lucky..... There's a lot of things in that area that he didn't shoot ! ( veins, arteries , nerves etc !)

Posts: 1264 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
I AIWB with my Glock 43X in a Raven Vanguard 2.

I never reholster with the holster on my belt. I always remove the holster from my belt, clip it to the gun then holster the whole thing.

Winter is here, on duty my winter jacket has strings that I removed from the gun side. I still look at my holster when I reholster my duty gun.

Guy(now retired LEO) I bought my shovelhead from had a ND due to his jacket strings. Caught the slug in his foot.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Yeah, those side pull cords with plastic keepers on jackets are responsible for a large chunk of LEO ADs.

That's why nearly every quality duty jacket these days has the adjustment cords in the front. Nowadays they're usually on the inside front bottom on either size of the zipper (helpful for keeping clear of duty holsters but now could interfere with AIWB), or located in the front handwarmer pockets (where they can't interfere with any belt holsters, no matter the location).

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post