SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    NOS P239 SAS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NOS P239 SAS Login/Join 
posted
Well, I found a new addition today. I came across a new, in box, never fired (except at the factory) two tone 239 SAS .40 and put it on layaway. The gun store bought a collection and since it is technically "used" they priced it as a used gun rather than brand new. Still has the wrapper on the grip and frame made in Germany. Can't wait to get this one home!

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats! I got my wife’s P239 and West German P226 the same
Way. Used but unfired and at good prices. The 239 SAS is a great pistol.

Posts: 21 | Location: Bedford, Tx | Registered: December 30, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice catch.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While I'm paying it off I plan to be looking for a .357 barrel. Anyone know of a source now that Sig discontinued these pistols?

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is one on eBay right now

Posts: 21 | Location: Bedford, Tx | Registered: December 30, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Palehorse, thanks but I'm not finding it. Found some for p229s but can't find one for p239

posted Hide Post
Hmmm, I must have mis read, apologies

Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
good snag - the 239's already have a bit of a cult status but I'm predicting this underrated pistol will achieve "one of the best ever made" years down the road.

Now go find some mags before those are "antique prices" as well...some price gouging going on but you can still find reasonable prices if you search.

Posts: 823 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 234 | Location: Bucks County, PA | Registered: December 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tleo205:
While I'm paying it off I plan to be looking for a .357 barrel. Anyone know of a source now that Sig discontinued these pistols?

Bar-Sto has them but they aren't cheap.

Posts: 7355 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys for the links to some magazines and the bar-sto barrel. That barrel is definitely not cheap but I'll keep it in mind.

posted Hide Post
I have purchased several of the Bar-Sto barrels. Yes, quite expensive. But they are stainless which has some advantages. A Bar-Sto barrel will have to be fitted to a new-ish pistol. If you buy one of their barrels, send your slide up there for a low cost fitting.

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
Me not being with it like most you guys, I don't know what SAS means. But I do like my two 239T 9mm. The extended 10 shot mags fits my hand really good. And I found non-threaded barrels for them and set the threaded ones on the shelf.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6313 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
C1Steve, saw that their semi fit barrels MAY not need fitting so was wondering how many folks bought those and it really did or did not have to have a gunsmith work on it?
Hamden, SAS is for Sig Anti Snag. They rounded a lot of the edges for conceal carry, but honestly the older 239 worked fine as it was.
The pistol has two mags with it but have already ordered a couple more in .40 and went ahead and ordered two in .357 for the future.

Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Fellow member here sold me a 357 barrel for the P239 40 DAK I bought off Gunbroker and it works just fine....

also, P239 40 cal. mags will work just fine for 357s...

I'd also ask for a barrel in the classified here.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
Congrats- I would hang onto it.
I have one that was originally .40 and I picked up 9mm (threaded) and .357 barrels (and 9mm slide) over the years. Shoots great in all of them...
Below are the brothers, .357, .40 & 9mm.

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
C1Steve, saw that their semi fit barrels MAY not need fitting so was wondering how many folks bought those and it really did or did not have to have a gunsmith work on it?

I have a Bar-Sto 9mm barrel for my .40 and it did need a little fitting. I dropped it off at a local gun shop/range for their gunsmith and it works great.
I'm not sure if Bar-Sto errs on the side of a full fit over a loose fit but that may be why some need fitting.

Posts: 7355 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:
quote:

I have a Bar-Sto 9mm barrel for my .40 and it did need a little fitting. I dropped it off at a local gun shop/range for their gunsmith and it works great.
I'm not sure if Bar-Sto errs on the side of a full fit over a loose fit but that may be why some need fitting.

That makes sense to err on the side of being too tight to begin with.

Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
That mean round on the left above is what I'm working with in my Sig P239..... going to have to take some work to control follow up shots, I think.. even with a Crimson Trace laser grip.

Am going to try in just about an hour.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post