SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Walther CCP 9mm
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Walther CCP 9mm Login/Join 
posted
This pistol has received a lot of negative comments since it first appeared. Most comments have been about the difficulty in field-strip takedown. Others have expressed a variety of complaints; most are found in YouTube videos, and on the Walther forums...so I bought a NIB model the first weekend in March at the local gun show and just now took it to the range. After 250rnds of 124gr Geico, I am very pleased!!! It feels great in the hand; recoil is soft; yep, the trigger is not a competition one and it has a longer pull but it is smooooth. I had no failures, and after the first two magazines, accuracy improved. I shoot at 15 yards at an indoor range.I must admit I was skeptical of the CCP and purchased on an impulse; it being close to the 5:00pm closing and I hadn't seen anything I liked thus far at the show; and I bought the piece because it felt good in my hand and exhibited terrific Balance ( and $ was burning a hole in my pocket). Before taking to the range, I practiced take down and reassembly so that it became easy and simple. I also cleaned and lightly oiled it.
So, here I offer my recommendation.

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Glad it working out for you. We have at least a couple of regulars who swear that the gun's been a sweetheart for them.

Me however...its build quality reminds me of Umarex, not Ulm. And yeah, I won't be one to ever want to take down and reassembly a CCP for a second time. Once was enough.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Glad you are liking it and hope the reliability holds up in the long term.

However the CCP is not something I could trust myself for anything in a self defense role. If Walther came out with a Gen2 version and it showed to be as reliable as the PPQ/PPS then I might be interested.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wife and I like CCP. It works very well for someone with difficulty racking! Fixed barrel and good grip results in excellent accuracy for a small gun. Big men are turned off by it.

Reassemble is a bit tricky and it does need cleaning a bit more often than other pistols because of the piston/cylinder scheme.

Fits a part of the population to a T. Mac

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
Glad it worked out for you. The one my wife bought was a complete piece of shit. Could not get through a mag without multiple failures of a variety of sorts. This was common no matter who ran the gun. Sent it back to Walter but at that point, Mrs Highlander had enough and picked up a VP9. I would never recommend the CCP.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2380 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
quote:
We have at least a couple of regulars who swear that the gun's been a sweetheart for them.

Put me in this camp. Had some issues at first but once I stopped feeding it shitty Freedom ammo and started using quality ammo, it has been flawless.

The easy racking slide is perfect for my wife and was her #1 priority.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12930 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife has one. She loved the ergo of the walthers, but she was turned off somewhat by the felt recoil (especially compared to my Sig Legions.) She's holding onto the CCP for now, but she picked out a P226 Legion SAO as her next gun.

I, too, found disassembly to be a pain in the ass. I couldn't get the things apart using their little tool; I had to use a screwdriver to get enough leverage to push that little piece. That said, the tool provided was absolutely necessary to get the thing back together.

I'm less of a fan of the trigger compared to other offerings (both by Walter and other manufacturers), but both she and I can shoot it well enough if we need to.

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I almost bought one of these and I've been sort of waiting in the wings for owner impressions. Too bad the field strip is such a PITA. I have a PPQ M2 that's a nice gun, but I thank I'll hold off buying a CCP.

Posts: 59 | Registered: January 22, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
You folks do know that Walther has issued a recall notice on CCP's do you not?

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/...-drop-safety-issues/

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by elde:
You folks do know that Walther has issued a recall notice on CCP's do you not?

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/...-drop-safety-issues/

Iam aware and thank you for the post! The issue is about the drop-safety.i have already sent mine in. Notwithstanding, it is still a good shooter.

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
Agreed.....mine has gone back as well.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by elde:
Agreed.....mine has gone back as well.

Hmmm... I registered and the message told me to wait for an email with instructions. I never received an email. Guess I get to call them Monday.

I think it's funny how some see this as a dagger in the heart of the CCP or Walther. I remember a little gun called the ZLCP that had a similar recall. This gun still managed to sell well enough to devoid the country of .380 Ammo for years. Not saying the CCP will turn the industry on its ear but I don't think it will fade away because of this.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12930 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I went with the PPS M2 instead. The only peave I have with it is how they built the extended mag bases as part of the grip. Aside from that, great trigger and it outperformed the G43, M&P Shield and Kahr PM9 in overall accuracy with various 115 loads for me. An excellent shooter.

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
I went with the PPS M2 instead. The only peave I have with it is how they built the extended mag bases as part of the grip...

Same here. The ergo compared to the G43 was no comparison. I skipped the CCP only because of the takedown issue I read about. And jokingly it reminded me of communist Russia. Smile

Posts: 1746 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post