SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    320 Front Sight Came Loose
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

320 Front Sight Came Loose Login/Join 
posted
Had the front sight on a 320RX Compact loosen after about 300 rounds. I could remove it with my fingers. I put it back on with a sight pusher and it seems to be on tight but I won't really know until I get a chance to shoot it. Just seems odd that if there was a problem with the slide cut or the sight itself it would take over 300 rounds to loosen.

Posts: 241 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Press hard,
Three copies
posted Hide Post
If you think the slide cut is out of spec I'd send it to Sig. Otherwise if it should loosen again I'd use a small punch and dimple the underside of the front sight and reinstall.

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Posts: 2200 | Location: VA | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure if it is the slide or the sight. There seems to have been several instances of this recently, so I'm waiting to find out how Sig fixes the problem. Thanks for the stippling idea, wouldn't hurt to try it.

Posts: 241 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig78257:
I'm not sure if it is the slide or the sight. There seems to have been several instances of this recently, so I'm waiting to find out how Sig fixes the problem. Thanks for the stippling idea, wouldn't hurt to try it.

Mine did the same thing. I added some Loctite retaining compound to the sight and pressed it back into position. No problems since. Make sure to degrease the sight surface and the slide with alcohol. Should stay put now.

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2763 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lucky to be Irish
posted Hide Post
My sights came loose on my full size 320RX too - twice. First time, the rear sight came loose; so much so that it would slide easily on and off with almost no effort. Sent it back and shortly after I received the repaired rear sight, the front sight came loose. Again with light finger pressure the sight would move from side to side.

Sent it back again, this time the entire pistol with mags as requested (first time they requested I remove RX and just send slide).

No issues since, but I've been spending more time shooting/carrying my 320c RX, so it really hasn't been tested. We'll see.

In fairness, the CS was very good each time. The CS rep was friendly and helpful and they turned the slide and the pistol around quickly each time.

Posts: 1770 | Location: Mason, OH | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doe
posted Hide Post
What date code was yours manufactured? Mine has 400 rounds without issue.

Posts: 64 | Location: Land of Oz. | Registered: March 09, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine was made in January 2017. The first two or three months in 2017 there were also a bunch of Romeo sights that had problems.

I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
LocTite is your friend.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4581 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
No sight should have to be glued onto a self defense weapon.

EVER.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
There are a lot of shoulds and should be's in this world.

Reality does not work that way though.

Bob

Posts: 4581 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
When it comes to a self defense weapon, it's either made right or wrong.

The front sight falling off is the wrong way if you have to glue it back on.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lucky to be Irish
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doe:
What date code was yours manufactured? Mine has 400 rounds without issue.

Mine was made in June, 2016. Round count was probably between 3-400. Shot a couple hundred rounds, did a field strip to clean it and while wiping it down I felt the sight move. Found that I could easily push it from one side of the dovetail to the other. Not sure if it was always loose, but I checked the rear sight and it was fine. Sent it in for repair, got the gun back, checked both sights, all seemed fine.

Shortly thereafter, rear sight came loose. Sig CS said the sights are pressed in and it should take about 60 lbs. of force to move them. I dunno what the problem is/was, but it appears to be fixed.

Posts: 1770 | Location: Mason, OH | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
When it comes to a self defense weapon, it's either made right or wrong.

The front sight falling off is the wrong way if you have to glue it back on.

I agree. There is no excuse-send it back

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lucky to be Irish
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OldMick:
My sights came loose on my full size 320RX too - twice. First time, the rear sight came loose; so much so that it would slide easily on and off with almost no effort. Sent it back and shortly after I received the repaired rear sight, the front sight came loose. Again with light finger pressure the sight would move from side to side.

Sent it back again, this time the entire pistol with mags as requested (first time they requested I remove RX and just send slide).

No issues since, but I've been spending more time shooting/carrying my 320c RX, so it really hasn't been tested. We'll see.

In fairness, the CS was very good each time. The CS rep was friendly and helpful and they turned the slide and the pistol around quickly each time.

Update: Just got my 320RX full size back from the upgrade. Installed the Pelt2 flat trigger and went to range. Gun shoots great, I love it.

Guess what? The rear sight is loose again. Any ideas on what's happening? I hesitate to send it back, because I'm concerned they will just install another sight and I'll go through the same thing again.

I'm going to call Sig CS and discuss it with them. They have always been very helpful so we'll see.

I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
LocTite is your friend.

Bob