SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig 1911 Nightmare Carry .357 Sig
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig 1911 Nightmare Carry .357 Sig Login/Join 
posted
Finally! The .357 Sig Gods have answered my prayers. I see several 1911 Nightmare Carry models in .357 Sig out there in cyberland. Anyone have any actual shooting experience with this model?

Real world experience/insights greatly appreciated.

Posts: 102 | Location: Mentor, OH | Registered: March 10, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow!!! Nobody????

Posts: 102 | Location: Mentor, OH | Registered: March 10, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Hope someone weighs in on this, I'd like to know the answer.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1552 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've seen a couple members with the full size TacOps model, but I don't remember any comments on the carry model guns.
Might I ask why the shorter gun? I thought the point of cartridges like 357 Sig was longer barrel is better... plan to carry it?

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2734 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep! This is going to be a carry gun. Since the 229 in .357 Sig was so popular, the Nightmare carry model barrel length is quite close. So why not?

posted Hide Post
My wife has one of these. She loves it. Her P226 Legion SAO is one of her favorites as well, but I think her favorite is her Beretta 92 compact carry.

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I went ahead and ordered one of two left at Grab A Gun. Will report back after it arrives and I get some range time with it.

posted Hide Post
Sig Nightmare Carry in .357 Sig arrived on Monday (09/25). Took it to the range on Wed (09/27) and fired approx 100 rounds. Three dot night sights
are dead on at 21 feet (sight pic is front sight covering bullseye). Mags tend to let last round loaded drag at top of mag causing erratic feeding issue on first round. Have Tripp Cobra mags on order to test out as an option. Recoil is very, very manageable in this all steel 1911 Commander. Me likey!!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GusMcCrae:
Sig Nightmare Carry in .357 Sig arrived on Monday (09/25). Took it to the range on Wed (09/27) and fired approx 100 rounds. ......Mags tend to let last round loaded drag at top of mag causing erratic feeding issue on first round. Have Tripp Cobra mags on order to test out as an option.....

Sounds like a neat combo.

Re the mags, try loading them to capacity and letting them sit for a week or two. Shouldn't have to with a single stack, but worth a try. With large cap mags, this usually helps with any first round feed issues. Also check mag mouth, follower for any burrs or other issues as well as proper up/down movement.

With my 1911's, the Commander size is my favorite.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
Pics please. And does it have a bobtail?

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Craigcpa,

Yes, it has the bobtail. Black with SS accents and black G10 grips.https://www.sigsauer.com/store/1911-fastback-nightmare-carry.html

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GusMcCrae:
Finally! The .357 Sig Gods have answered my prayers. I see several 1911 Nightmare Carry models in .357 Sig out there in cyberland. Anyone have any actual shooting experience with this model?

Real world experience/insights greatly appreciated.

I looked for one a while and eventually gave up due to the pricing I was seeing. Then a someone on another forum posts how he found one NIB for $609 at a store online. Went to find it immediately and they were gone. Searched online for a little more and it is now in the mail. I will shoot it very much the day it arrives and let you know my thoughts

Edit: Just saw you grabbed one too. Good for you.

Posts: 177 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
I haven't had any issues with 3 different brands of mags in my 1911 Tacops, although the Metalform ones are so tight I would have thought they'd have caused issues. Some mags have the split follower and others the one-piece follower and they good to go.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Virginia sheepdog:

I looked for one a while and eventually gave up due to the pricing I was seeing. Then a someone on another forum posts how he found one NIB for $609 at a store online. Went to find it immediately and they were gone. Searched online for a little more and it is now in the mail. I will shoot it very much the day it arrives and let you know my thoughts

Edit: Just saw you grabbed one too. Good for you.

Even though my experience with a Nightmare Carry (.45 ACP) was not so good, I don't want to get into another caliber (.357 SIG) since I am already supporting 23 calibers (incl. rifles) and I am not as flush with cash as I once was, I would jump on a NIB Nightmare Carry in any caliber at $ 609 all day and twice on Sunday.
I sold my used one for $950 at the start of the summer.

If you got yours for $609 where did you get it?

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I've been waiting for this one for a while. Never thought it would see the light of day. I think it was announced at SHOT Show in 2015(?)

Please post pics. I won't be getting one right away as I'll let the demand die down some. And here I was thinking a Glock 10mm was my next purchase...

Posts: 13092 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
FWIW, I picked mine up at Grab A Gun for $942.39 plus $7.99 shipping.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve 22X:

Even though my experience with a Nightmare Carry (.45 ACP) was not so good, I don't want to get into another caliber (.357 SIG) since I am already supporting 23 calibers (incl. rifles) and I am not as flush with cash as I once was, I would jump on a NIB Nightmare Carry in any caliber at $ 609 all day and twice on Sunday.
I sold my used one for $950 at the start of the summer.

If you got yours for $609 where did you get it?

Steve - I didn't get it for that low, I think that company was midwest guns, short memory sorry. Did find it for $675 at a place called tanner sports. Give em a call they may still have some. Couldn't wait to find one cheaper. It is my understanding that they are being discontinued (Don't know why), so you may start seeing them for cheap on the web.

Posts: 177 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Virginia sheepdog:
Steve - I didn't get it for that low, I think that company was midwest guns, short memory sorry. Did find it for $675 at a place called tanner sports. Give em a call they may still have some. Couldn't wait to find one cheaper. It is my understanding that they are being discontinued (Don't know why), so you may start seeing them for cheap on the web.

Was the other vendor Midwest Guns in Lyons, IL?
I had gone there many, many times when I lived in IL.
Best deals I could ever get there were 10% off MSRP as a law enforcement discount (due to my former room mate) but that was over 23 years ago.

I may need to contact Tanner Sports as that is still an exceptionally low price.
Thanks for the update.

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of deadmanmike
posted Hide Post
One of the distributors was clearing out the 357SIG versions well below dealer. A bunch of places bought them up and flipped them for $60-100 over their cost, instead of selling them at MAP and making decent money on the guns. I actually snagged one for $630 shipped.. got to shoot it the other day, and I absolutely love it.

=============
Certified Sig P-Series Armorer
Certified AR-15/M16/M4 Armorer
Certified 1911 Armorer
Certified Glock Armorer
Certified Sig P320 Armorer
Certified Glock Advanced Armorer
Certified MPX Armorer
Certified MCX Armorer

Posts: 1587 | Registered: June 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post